Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
    Solid barg. What'd you do w/ your 197?
    I sold it. This costs about half as much to drive between insurance, payments and gas. Plus, I don't have to constant urge to mod it, lol.
    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Understandable.

Comment

shit, I love my wife's Accord... quick run to Oklahoma w/ the cruise set on 92mph... usually gets 26-28mpg at that speed. We got 30mpg on our last leg
        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

I get low 30mpg in my 3 series on the highway, 22 around town if I'm nice, and it fits 4 just fine with plenty of room in the trunk.

Sadly enough it's quicker than my '98 GT was stock when I put my foot in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
            shit, I love my wife's Accord... quick run to Oklahoma w/ the cruise set on 92mph... usually gets 26-28mpg at that speed. We got 30mpg on our last leg
            Honda's are good vehicles no doubt.
            Originally posted by Big A View Post
            I get low 30mpg in my 3 series on the highway, 22 around town if I'm nice, and it fits 4 just fine with plenty of room in the trunk.

Sadly enough it's quicker than my '98 GT was stock when I put my foot in it.
            I bet you thought it was fast back then.

Comment

I just drove from DFW to TN in my 2008 Honda Civic. Average 33 mpg and just around (give or take) 410 miles per tank.
              Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
              Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                Honda's are good vehicles no doubt.

I bet you thought it was fast back then.
                lol Sad, but true. After heads cam and intake I was making 305 to the wheels, and it was fast(er) for the first month or three. Then I added the blower and 150hp, and it was fun for a while... Speed is addictive, and it takes a little more each time to get high, whether that be on crack or 93 octane.

Gas sipping technology is the same way, your car is efficient no doubt, but the new stuff coming out is better in the same vein. The new Focus SFE is purported to get 40mpg hwy on an inline 4 cylinder with 160hp. That's damn near as good as my bike (off throttle), and can carry 4 people.

Comment

my wifes Sonata gets 33-34 between 75-80 mph. It really shines on the hwy at those speeds. My in-laws were upset when we were getting slightly better than there Honda FIT. Of course I don't think it liked those speeds.

Comment

34mpg, 340 miles on a 10 gallon tank, 440hp. Where's my prize?

Comment

people who talk about miles per tank need to be punched

Comment

I dunno about punching, but if you can't afford to drive, then don't. I do appreciate hypermilers though, they leave the good stuff for people that like to burn gas/diesel.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                          I dunno about punching, but if you can't afford to drive, then don't. I do appreciate hypermilers though, they leave the good stuff for people that like to burn gas/diesel.
                          no, my point is people who talk about how many miles per tank they get, but have NO idea how many miles per gallon they get...

Comment

Perfect. Dooter, I couldnt agree more.
                            DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

500+ per tank and $50 to fill up my TDI Jetta. I usually average 37mpg with 80% city driving.

Comment

2008 Hemi Ram 2wd. 24 mpg going 65 on hwy.
                                Why put off till tomorrow what you can put off till the next day?
                                -Fred Sanford

Comment

Working...
                                X