Alternative oil with E85?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternative oil with E85?

Should I use a different kind of oil? Everytime I talk to the guy where I'm getting a drum of E85 from, he won't leave me alone about that

No but you so need to change it more often.

Comment

Originally posted by slownbmta View Post
      Should I use a different kind of oil? Everytime I talk to the guy where I'm getting a drum of E85 from, he won't leave me alone about that
      where you getting drums of E85 from?

Comment

Originally posted by black50 View Post
        where you getting drums of E85 from?
        THis???

I can get from the farm Bureau CO-OP in Canton. That is what I am considering.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnimike1 View Post
          THis???

I can get from the farm Bureau CO-OP in Canton. That is what I am considering.
          is this the stuff when you buy it from the farm that only comes out to like 1.50 per gallon?

Comment

More info on drum please! Shit $1.50 gallon is freakin cheap. I just payed $2.75gal.

Comment

Originally posted by black50 View Post
              is this the stuff when you buy it from the farm that only comes out to like 1.50 per gallon?
              i dont think thats the same
              -Blaine

Comment

Originally posted by bpawl View Post
                this is just what i heard - Its alot cheaper cause it has no federal or local taxes applied to it yet, but it is the same E85 that they comes from the pump

Comment

It is, just needs to be filtered with a 100 micron filter when pumped.

Comment

Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
                    It is, just needs to be filtered with a 100 micron filter when pumped.
                    man everyone should do that then
                    -Blaine

Comment

man everyone should do that then
                      I didn't know anyone found a place around here that has farm grade til Mike posted it, I know Jet was trying to find some, but I think he wanted E98 more specifically.

Comment

I will post my source after I get mine on Monday haha. They said its a little hard to come by. It was $170 delivered for 55 gallons. I didnt even ask how much if I picked it up

Comment

I will post my source after I get mine on Monday haha. They said its a little hard to come by. It was $170 delivered for 55 gallons. I didnt even ask how much if I picked it up
                          So you got that turd running?

Comment

Originally posted by FRANCISCO308 View Post
                            So you got that turd running?
                            Not yet. Hopefully by Wednesday. And hopefully tuned and ready to roll by the cruise Saturday

It's a long shot. Those things rarely happen the way you hope with a new build

Comment

3.09 a gallon. E98?

I haven't confirmed what and how much at the farm co-op. My grandfather checked and he said it was available.

Comment

Working...
                              X