Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid 4.6 spit a plug

The threads are gone.

There are several repair kits on the market that I've seen before in person, and I seem to like this one the best. OEM/Spark plug thread repair set for Ford Triton engine cylinder heads (24200) | | AutoZone.com

It has a guide to make sure the everything stays straight and square, and the inserts have the correct beveled seat, instead of a regular style insert.

Has anyone used that kit? Or suggest any other kit for that matter.
    68 Coupe- 351w, TFS heads, Comp XE284, 5 speed, Explorer 8.8, 4 Wheel Discs
    63 Fairlane

Originally posted by forbes
    i call 1911 first then 911

Timesert.....done a bunch at work, zero problems

Comment

Originally posted by JimD View Post
      Timesert.....done a bunch at work, zero problems
      This.

Comment

My car spit a plug a few years ago. I was a bit skeptical on repairing the threads. I ended up doing the heli-coil deal and it worked out just fine. Been almost 2 years now and it still holds fine.
        And Shepherds we shall be

For thee, my Lord, for thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand

Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.

So we shall flow a river forth to Thee

And teeming with souls shall it ever be.

In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti

Comment

I know 12secondtbird had that issue with his wife's old GT. I think his may have been done on warranty but you might check with him as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 351Coupe View Post
            The threads are gone.

There are several repair kits on the market that I've seen before in person, and I seem to like this one the best. OEM/Spark plug thread repair set for Ford Triton engine cylinder heads (24200) | | AutoZone.com

It has a guide to make sure the everything stays straight and square, and the inserts have the correct beveled seat, instead of a regular style insert.

Has anyone used that kit? Or suggest any other kit for that matter.
            Question: what is/can be done to keep any metal shavings from the thread repair from falling into and remaining in the cylinder?

Comment

I stick a long nozzel air gun and run air thru till nothing else comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                Question: what is/can be done to keep any metal shavings from the thread repair from falling into and remaining in the cylinder?
                Back taps are supposed to pull the debris out with the tap itself. I've yet to use one, so I can't say how well they work.
                The last repair I did involved a shop vac with a special attachment. I doubt it was perfect, but it was better than pulling the head.

Comment

Working...
                X