Tremec 3550 probs :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tremec 3550 probs :(

Tremec 3550 in my fox won't shift to 2nd while at high rpm. I know of several issues with these but have not had problems with my last 2. Wondering if anyone on here has had the same problem. Something worn (slider, synchros)? Shifts fine on normal conditions just kind of locks you out under power. Net search shows all kinds of problems...

they seem to get that way after a while. My old one would do that every now and then.

prob caused me 3-4 tenths waiting for it to go into gear.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
      they seem to get that way after a while. My old one would do that every now and then.

prob caused me 3-4 tenths waiting for it to go into gear.
      X2 mine does it also sometimes think its normal for them, hate it.

Comment

Get some carbon lined blockers
        Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Carbon lined rings will help out a bunch. I would also do the shift finger mod and debur all of the sliders and gears.

Comment

the 3650 in my 03 i had would do the same thing. but mine was 3rd gear at high RPM or in cold weather. not sure about the 3550 but the 3650. it was the blocking rings in my case.
            sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
            🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post
              the 3650 in my 03 i had would do the same thing. but mine was 3rd gear at high RPM or in cold weather. not sure about the 3550 but the 3650. it was the blocking rings in my case.
              All 3650's give issue with 3rd gear sooner or later.

Comment

My 3550 does the same thing but only in a down shift from third to second. I've heard that they are supposed to be that way but I don't understand why.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
                --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Think i will tear it down and have a look inside..

Comment

Originally posted by projectPONY View Post
                    My 3550 does the same thing but only in a down shift from third to second. I've heard that they are supposed to be that way but I don't understand why.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
                    Speed lock out.

Output input is higher then input and it will take time for it to match rpm, my t5 dows this and you can hear the trans speed up before it engages.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

My old one did the same thing.

I have one for sale in the car that shifts perfectly at 7k up gear and down gear... Lmk if anyone is interested.

Comment

How much?

Comment

Working...
                        X