No announcement yet.

Crank Case Ventilation Tube w/Vortech?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crank Case Ventilation Tube w/Vortech?

So while dyno tuning last week, Andy felt that I should be making more boost with my pulley combo, and we figured there must be a boost or vacuum leak somewhere... I only got ~6lbs or so.

This morning it dawned on me... The tube that goes from the throttle body to the nipple on the oil fill neck. I have a vented fill cap, so there is air just going straight out of the TB through the tube and out to atmosphere. I threw a plug on the port coming out of the TB and took it for a spin. Didn't wind it all out but I definately saw more boost. I'm guessing ~8lbs or so.

Am I correct in assuming that I need to be running the port on the TB plugged, the port on the fill neck plugged, and the breather cap in place?

The nipple from the throttle body needs to be plugged for sure. As far as the nipple on the valve cover goes, generally its recommended that it be plumbed back into the air intake before the charger but after the mass air meter to keep from having a lean condition at lower rpms. Some say it's ok to vent it to the atmosphere.

Comment

if you have a vented cap just plug tb and cap the filler neck nipple
      One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
      X