Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who here is a Ford Tech? (electrical issues)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who here is a Ford Tech? (electrical issues)

I have some electrical issues on a 98 F150 i need someone to fix for me. I am going to presume that the issues are in the dash because the door locks did not work and were fixed when i had the alarm installed. the installer told me the electric lock wires under there were "messed up".

Issue #1. the speedo does not work but the odometer does. i replaced the speedo sensor in the rear end so it isn't that.

Issue#2. the heat does not work. has a new heater core and all hoses are hooked up. on this truck, the hot/cold is controlled electrically on this instead of a cable like my car.

either reply here or shoot me a PM with your info. i am in the garland/rowlett area, so the closer you are the better (for me). also, i have a garage with all the tools needed if you just want to fix it here.

thanks,

andy
    95 Rio Red Cobra#3881

http://www.bborr.com/2013/2013results.html#115

Im in Ft. Worth

Branden 817-304-7595

Comment

Originally posted by openroadracer View Post
      I have some electrical issues on a 98 F150 i need someone to fix for me. I am going to presume that the issues are in the dash because the door locks did not work and were fixed when i had the alarm installed. the installer told me the electric lock wires under there were "messed up".

Issue #1. the speedo does not work but the odometer does. i replaced the speedo sensor in the rear end so it isn't that.

Issue#2. the heat does not work. has a new heater core and all hoses are hooked up. on this truck, the hot/cold is controlled electrically on this instead of a cable like my car.
      hey andy well to start off theres several things that could be wrong with the speedo problem. one thing is the speedo the only gauge not working? secondly is your cruise control working?
      that will eliminate a couple of things and but to further diagnose it we would have to communicate with the GEM.
      if all is good there then we would have to go and check the actual harness to the speedo and check the resistance.

on the heating issue theres a couple of things to check the easiest being make sure none of the hoses leading to the core are clogged.
      after that there a series of things to check such as temp blend door motor fuse, ground shortage and voltage at the motor.
      but more times than not is the blend door its self that has broken and can no longer be moved by the motor.

hope this helps and if your interested on stopping by the shop heres our info or give us a call if you have any other questions.

israel c.
      CCARS
      4818 Vicksburg st
      Dallas Tx 75207
      972 437 8331

Comment

Working...
      X