Thinking about going turbo.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about going turbo.....

Have any on here ever ran or heard of the company that sells these turbo kits : on3performance.com
    Please let me know what you think.
    Last edited by 89SILVERCOUPE; 01-04-2011, 09:39 PM.
    www.protechfencestaining.com
    Bryan Durham
    214-991-4979

Never hurd of them.

Comment

check them out and see what you think
      www.protechfencestaining.com
      Bryan Durham
      214-991-4979

Comment

Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
        Never hurd of them.
        This thread is going to end badly.

Comment

I heard that the herd was eating hurd.

Comment

the guys that make big power on here and have teh means to do it "right" will say dont do it. everyday joes like myself and im assuming you they are a great starting point and will get you 500+ rewheel. im gonna do it when i get my heap out of the shop

Comment

Originally posted by BUFFALOHALTOM View Post
              the guys that make big power on here and have teh means to do it "right" will say dont do it. everyday joes like myself and im assuming you they are a great starting point and will get you 500+ rewheel. im gonna do it when i get my heap out of the shop
              Right way? Are you kidding me? Ive been faster with flipped shorties, ebay intercooler,and a junk Diesel turbo than you ever will. I wouldn't buy shit from that o3performance shit. PM Turbostang and ask him a price to build the kit I just described, I think you will find its a lot more affordable than you think.

Comment

Originally posted by bigshoe View Post
                Right way? Are you kidding me? Ive been faster with flipped shorties, ebay intercooler,and a junk Diesel turbo than you ever will. I wouldn't buy shit from that o3performance shit. PM Turbostang and ask him a price to build the kit I just described, I think you will find its a lot more affordable than you think.
                i just always assumed brooks was expensive because of how good of quality work people have said he does.

Comment

Originally posted by BUFFALOHALTOM View Post
                  i just always assumed brooks was expensive because of how good of quality work people have said he does.
                  Cheap ain't good, and good ain't cheap.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

They have a few issues, needing a brace for the turbos mainly. You definitly have to get all the pipes started together before you tighten anything and it can be a bitch using the stock manifolds like they do. But I will say for the money, it is not a bad kit. I'm getting ready to install one on a friends 5.1 stroker 03 GT with BBK shorties, an upgraded 76mm ball bearing turbo, complete fuel system and a TKO600. I have had the kit in my hands so I know what it's like, not just talking. If you don't have all the supporting hardware like the suspension and fuel upgrades, it's still gonna get expensive quick. Oh yeah, and they have new kits with forward facing headers instead of the factory manifolds or shorties.

Comment

I've seen the name a lot on Turbomustangs.com, but not first hand knowledge. I'd look on there for reviews.
                      2012 Silver Mustang GT 5.0:stock.
                      '00 Performance Red Mustang GT 4v turbo 6-speed 540rwhp/572rwtq (SOLD)
                      '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

Worst thing about on3 is Chad's shitty ass customer service, oh and the chinese kits he sells. They may not break. But if they do your fucked and Chads going to go out of his way not to help/lose any money.
                        Ded

Comment

I have fixed 4 or 5, maybe 6 of those kits in one form or fashion. I can gaurantee that 3 of them were from fitment issues...as in, they didn't fit right out of the box and the crossover had to be modified.

Eventually, ANY mild steel kit will rot from the inside out.. but the On3 kits are supposed to be stainless - yet they rust.

I've seen or read of them cracking in about 20 different threads I can think of.

It doesn't matter (at that level) what you do to the kit, within reason, they will make decent power - it's just a matter of how long the headers and hot side will last. Power levels have very LITTLE to do with longevity of the hot side.

FITMENT is the most important part. If you have to pull, tug, or pry the headers, or hot side prior to heat cycling - it's going to crack sooner or later.

Comment

I have a on3performance kit on my 86 Coupe. Just the base kit nothing added. Kit fits nice and made real good power. For the money you cant beat it.

Short list of mods on the 86 Coupe:
                            Dart iron heads
                            42lb injectors
                            255 pump
                            Comp cam 2037
                            TCI c4
                            On3performance 70mm base kit
                            28" slicks
                            4.10's
                            Car made 466rwhp and 556rwtq on 9psi.

We have since installed on3performance kits on:
                            09 GT car made 427rwhp and 412rwtq on 6psi
                            02 4valve swapped GT ( should be tuned today )
                            Current rides:
                            1973 Camaro 350/350
                            1991 GMC Sierra Stepside
                            2012 Gt500
                            2006 Dodge MegaCab 5.9 cummins

Comment

Check the reviews, majority of them are bad. The main issue is that on3 and Chad are relatively new so nobody has really had their kits lng enough to show the true reliability (even though kits are reported to crack and be ill fitting from the begining.) The main issue is that Chad the owner is a lying douchebag, proven multiple times on turbomustangs.com / theturboforums.com, shit he was even banned from that site. TTF.com being the largest turbo mustang website afaik banned on3, lolol.

Go with someone like Brian from B&G, ponydown or Brooks on here. Great work and will offer some customer service if anything goes wrong.

Ps: Chad is a douche bag!

Originally posted by capjmp View Post
                              I have a on3performance kit on my 86 Coupe. Just the base kit nothing added. Kit fits nice and made real good power. For the money you cant beat it.

Short list of mods on the 86 Coupe:
                              Dart iron heads
                              42lb injectors
                              255 pump
                              Comp cam 2037
                              TCI c4
                              On3performance 70mm base kit
                              28" slicks
                              4.10's
                              Car made 466rwhp and 556rwtq on 9psi.

We have since installed on3performance kits on:
                              09 GT car made 427rwhp and 412rwtq on 6psi
                              02 4valve swapped GT ( should be tuned today )
                              Last edited by VaderTT; 01-05-2011, 11:54 AM.
                              Ded

Comment

Working...
                              X