Maximum wheel and tire size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maximum wheel and tire size?

What is the biggest tire I can fit on a stock 85 mustang with stock length rear end? What I want to do is use a 275/50r15 drag radial on a 10" wheel. If this will work, what back spacing on the wheel? I have an 8" wheel now with a 255/50r15 drag radial now that works pretty good, just looking to put a little more rubber on the ground. Thanks

Hold on.........
    ./ ____ _ _\.
    (]]]_ o _[[[)
    \o_FORD_o/
    |__|.....|__|

God closes doors no man can open, God opens doors no man can close. Revelations 3:7-8

Comment

........it may get bumpy before you get the answer you are looking for. Make sure you apply your skin thickening cream...

Now, post terts or GTFO!!!
      "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Get ready for a little bit of newb hazing, just don't act like a retard and it will pass shortly.

A 275 size tire is about the biggest that will fit without rolling the fenders, also put it on a 9 inch wheel...it's a much better fit for a 275.
        Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Comment

I'm thinking a 34DD will fit in there nicely!

Comment

But I think you need a 6.5 backspace wheel if you run a 10inch rim. And the hell with rolling fenders, cut the lip off. Just have to try it and test fit it. may have to beat the inner fenders a little.

Comment

I fit a 315 by rmoving the quads, rolling the lips and using a BFH.

Motherfucker!!!
              Ded

Comment

10" wheel is wide enough for a 315 easily, no need to go that wide as previously mentioned. I run 295's on a 9" wheel.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Thanks The 255's are working good on motor , but with a 175 shot delayed out .50 it spun the tires. Wanting to go up to 225 shot, but I think I will have to delay it out further

Comment

Originally posted by BBC85GT View Post
                    Thanks The 255's are working good on motor , but with a 175 shot delayed out .50 it spun the tires. Wanting to go up to 225 shot, but I think I will have to delay it out further
                    Is this a built motor?
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Steel headed big block chevy

Comment

Im running a 27/10.5/15 under my 89 and I didnt roll the fenders just removed the quad shock.
                        Street car.

Comment

I have the quad shocks off and have plenty of room with the 255's. I just wasn't sure what my best bet was as far as wheel size and tire size. My nitrous is on a digiset so I can't ramp it in. Thanks for the help

Comment

15x10. 6.5 bs. 275/60/15. All day long on stock foxbody width. BFH inside and roll fender lips.

Don't "cut" the lips unless you want gashed up tires.
                            One day at a time.

Comment

Im running 275/40/17 on 17x10 cobra r's on my 89 coupe and im sliceing & shaveing peices of tire off when in hit a hard bump.
                              Ace Duce

I can't play in the deep end of the sandbox, that's where the leprechaun is and he tells me to burn things!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X