Cam and heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam and heads

I have a 1993 coupe with 5.0 in it and I'm fixing to put a set of ported heads and a e303 cam in it. I'm just wondering if it's a must to get it tuned. It has 1.6 rr and Exaust. And a bbk ssi intake with 24lb I hectors and maf to match. Any input would be appreciated.

Originally posted by Mustang87t View Post
    I have a 1993 coupe with 5.0 in it and I'm fixing to put a set of ported heads and a e303 cam in it. I'm just wondering if it's a must to get it tuned. It has 1.6 rr and Exaust. And a bbk ssi intake with 24lb I hectors and maf to match. Any input would be appreciated.
    No not a must. You will see some gains and more importantly drivability if there's any issues. I never liked using calibrated mafs personally. Shouldn't need but 19's with that setup.

Comment

get it tuned. With the e303 a tune will help smooth out drivability issues.
      1993 Vibrant Red Cobra #1741.

If you want more inches - Stroke it!!!

Comment

24s will be fine, give you a lot of room to grow, what heads? E7? Gt40? Ect..

It'll run just fine without a tune, but with the cam change it may have some idle issues, known a few people with the e303 have a few problems that are fixed with a tune.

The injector and Maf change will work fine, but there is always room for improvement.

Put it all together and see how it runs, and go from there.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Working...
        X