So what do you guys think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baron View Post
    A used engine is anywhere between $500 and $1000, depending on miles and warranty coverage, FYI.
    Originally posted by 94form2000z View Post
    Thanks again to everyone. I got out there this morning and found the A/C compressor completely locked up.
    A used compressor is anywhere between $85 and $100, dpepending on miles and warranty coverage
    just being a smartass

Comment

Fuck used, and reman isn't anything but rebuilt junk. Out of the 30 or so systems i did this year i only put 1 reman compressor on,b/c a new one was not available( john deere backhoe). They were proud of it too $985 with a 90 day warranty. I don't like come backs, 100 % correct, new drier, seals expansion valve etc, or i won't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by JimD View Post
        Fuck used, and reman isn't anything but rebuilt junk. Out of the 30 or so systems i did this year i only put 1 reman compressor on,b/c a new one was not available( john deere backhoe). They were proud of it too $985 with a 90 day warranty. I don't like come backs, 100 % correct, new drier, seals expansion valve etc, or i won't do it.
        I would bypass it before I'd waste time with a used one. I plan on picking up at the very least a reman. Oreillys seems to carry a 12 month warranty on theirs. I know I am replacing the Drier and Orifice Tube as well.

Comment

Originally posted by JimD View Post
          this x1,000,000,000,000

Comment

Originally posted by 94form2000z View Post
            I would bypass it before I'd waste time with a used one. I plan on picking up at the very least a reman. Oreillys seems to carry a 12 month warranty on theirs. I know I am replacing the Drier and Orifice Tube as well.
            Here is my problem with remans, they fail, and when they do....its a complete system redo, all parts again + flushing. Even tho they will warranty all the parts, they wont warranty labor. When i do install a reman at customers request...Zero labor warranty, it fails, they pay me again.

Comment

Working...
            X