thought on intake choice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thought on intake choice please

Anyone know or think a Systemax II won't support 450-475hp on a 363 DART stroker? Wondering if I need to upgrade to a Victor.
    --carlos

sigpic

on my old blower combo i ran a systemax2 intake and was hitting dyno 474hp I dont see any reason to upgrade

Comment

That intake is fine
      1993 Vibrant Red Cobra #1741.

If you want more inches - Stroke it!!!

Comment

It will be a N/A motor. I'm on the fence about it cus I believe a Victor will cause drivability issues. Car will be a cruiser.
        --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Stay with the Systemax
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Keep what you got Carlos.
            04 GT
            91 LX

Comment

Originally posted by projectPONY View Post
              It will be a N/A motor. I'm on the fence about it cus I believe a Victor will cause drivability issues. Car will be a cruiser.
              I would go to the victor jr efi if it were me. I have a 393w with a super victor efi in a 95 GT. I drive mine 35 miles to work and 35 miles home when I drive it. I have no driveability issues at all.

Comment

Originally posted by green1995gt View Post
                I would go to the victor jr efi if it were me. I have a 393w with a super victor efi in a 95 GT. I drive mine 35 miles to work and 35 miles home when I drive it. I have no driveability issues at all.
                Is it fast?

Comment

I run the Systemax II on my 331 and I'm making 600 to the wheels....so, yes, you should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by slownbmta View Post
                    Is it fast?
                    Its faster then I can drive it. I went to the track for the first time with this motor and ran 10.75 @ 130. I gotta adjust the shocks and set the anti roll bar and set pinion angle but it's quicker than my old motor. I also need to put it on a diet it weighs 3640 with me in it.

Comment

Originally posted by BEARY View Post
                      I run the Systemax II on my 331 and I'm making 600 to the wheels....so, yes, you should be fine.
                      You aren't n/a. And I bet a carb style intake would pick up power for you too!
                      People can make 450-500 rwhp with a stock intake but does that mean its the best.

Comment

Agreed, with all of the above. Stay Systemax II
                        2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
                        2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
                        2012 Ford Edge

Comment

Yeah, I'm leaning more towards keeping the Systemax. I think the longer runner will lend itself better for street driving. I had a victor EFI once on my DSS built 306, I know too much intake for that motor, and the higher rpm designed into the runners made it a pita to drive on the street.
                          --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by green1995gt View Post
                            Its faster then I can drive it. I went to the track for the first time with this motor and ran 10.75 @ 130. I gotta adjust the shocks and set the anti roll bar and set pinion angle but it's quicker than my old motor. I also need to put it on a diet it weighs 3640 with me in it.
                            That's cool, I saw somebody congratulate you on a True Street win, so I was curious what that takes. Nice times for a first time out!

Comment

Originally posted by slownbmta View Post
                              That's cool, I saw somebody congratulate you on a True Street win, so I was curious what that takes. Nice times for a first time out!
                              Well Josh had me covered and usually there are at least 1 9 sec car in the true street. Josh changed his two step just before the cruise, but it was a little too high, so too much boost and he kept blowing the tires off. If he hadnt changed anything he would have won. Plus he just got his new motor started on Friday and then we drove straight there.

But I got lucky and won. Im hoping to get in the nines through my TKO and then I may go Auto. But I gotta practice more when it would hook I wasnt ready for second. and I was spraying a smaller shot so once I get some practice im gonna pill it up.

Comment

Working...
                              X