i suck at wrench turning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i suck at wrench turning

Swapped my ac compressor in my tahoe and it took my about 30 times longer than it would have any one of ya'll.
    <--- sits in said vehicle while the coolant systems burps with sweat on his brow and a beer in his hand. Fuck

Lol.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Yeah feel like I got my ass kicked. Doesn't help its 101 degrees out still.

Comment

Try putting a power steering pump a e350 box truck and using the damn pulley tool backwards for about 30 mins before i realized it.

Comment

Lol I bought this truck for my girl so she had to hage the ac working for the baby. Needless to say I pulled the old one, compared the two and everything seemed the same so I bolted on the new one, reattached the coolant lines bla bla bla,and was about to connect the harness to it when I realized the old one had two plugs and this one only had one. So I pulled it back apart and put the old one back on so she could have the truck to drive to work this morning. Then got off today to find out it was the right compressor but one of those plugs was suppose to transfer over so tore back apart and swapped it back over. Lol

Comment

I fixed my rear end in the heat of the day today. The heat didn't bother me, but it made my tools hot as hell to touch, even when in the shade.

Comment

mine had alot to do with it being 105 last week and no sleep i hate working on other peoples crap lol.

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
                I fixed my rear end in the heat of the day today. The heat didn't bother me, but it made my tools hot as hell to touch, even when in the shade.
                i did a fuel pump swap today on a 40 gallon tank that weighed more then i did most likely

Comment

Originally posted by 80coupe View Post
                  i did a fuel pump swap today on a 40 gallon tank that weighed more then i did most likely
                  One day I decided to fix the fuel gauge in my dads dodge. Didn't know how much fuel was in it to start off with. Turns out it was half a tank full. The tank itself is 6ft long. It was a bitch to get off the ground.. Ratchet straps through the frame rails.

Comment

Tahoe compressor? That's literally a 5 minute job, not counting evac and recharge. It's 5 bolts and one connector.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                      Tahoe compressor? That's literally a 5 minute job, not counting evac and recharge. It's 5 bolts and one connector.
                      And a belt fool. You know that takes atleast 3 hours.

Comment

Lol 4 bolts not 5 but u have to remove the 3 hoses going to the water pump. I still suck

Comment

hmmmm, whah whah whah. did a compressor, accumulator, and orifice tube on an 03 tahoe today. BTW OP you don't have to remove the coolant lines, which means you don't have to burp the system. I'd prefer to do the ac on a 96-98\99 model. Much easier. Oh and it's hot everyday, at least for the last month.

Comment

Originally posted by TEAMJACOB View Post
                            Lol 4 bolts not 5 but u have to remove the 3 hoses going to the water pump. I still suck
                            I'm counting the manifold bolt on the rear.

Comment

Originally posted by 80coupe View Post
                              Wtf! You only weigh 50 lbs drippin wet....lmao
                              Big Rooster Racing
                              85' Coupe
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X