No announcement yet.

I need A/C help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check your fan clutch and make sure it's not stuck. A seized up fan will cause low high pressures. Make sure your pulling a vacuum on the system when you get it back together. Seems like evrything elase has been covered. Good luck.

Comment

Ok, I finished it on Friday. I replaced the expansion valve, orifice tube, and the dryer. I put the correct amount of oil back into the dryer as it calls for replacing that part and a little bit more for the condenser as I flushed it. I had all the lines apart at one time and I just blew them all out with shop air to check for restrictions. I also put new o-rings on all fittings. I then with my rented equipment put a vacuum on the system for about 45 minutes and then let it sit for a while to check for leaks. After it sat that way for a couple hours I then started the van and put the front and rear a/c on high settings. I filled the system with the called out for amount of freon being careful not to let the low side pressure get too high. As for now it works and blows cold air.

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Working...
        X