Need some tax help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some tax help

I am purchasing a house and I need to file my 2016 taxes. Unfortunately doing the normal process will take too long and I need to goto the IRS office locally and get a certified filing done. Has anyone ever done this before? I am interested in what I should expect as I have no clue what to search for.

We're buying a house too, taxes are all ready filled but need to pay them before closing. So they're having us go to the IRS office in Fort Worth tomorrow pay in person and get proof they're paid. We weren't able to to get anyone on the phone at the IRS to answer any questions. But I can ask for you while I'm up there tommorow.
    You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

Fuck, they have to be paid in full? I was going to schedule it over the year...

Comment

For us if we wanted to use 2016 taxes. They was going to use 14/15 taxes but my wife had to many deductions in 2014 and wasn't show much income. But yeah, they knew exactly how much we owe in taxes and want them paid in full before close.
        You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

If you haven't bought the house yet, what exactly are you looking to file on your 2016 taxes?

Also, what do you mean by the normal process taking too long? We spent the better part of an hour in the tax pro's office this year, and had a refund check in the mailbox in about 2 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
            If you haven't bought the house yet, what exactly are you looking to file on your 2016 taxes?

Also, what do you mean by the normal process taking too long? We spent the better part of an hour in the tax pro's office this year, and had a refund check in the mailbox in about 2 weeks.
            Same reason as DieselSmoke, 2015 losses skewed 2014's results, I need to provide 2016 taxes for the loan to go through. I need to secure finance in about a month, I would need to get a certified copy of the taxes filed, or get a 4056 I think it is which takes time. Going to the tax office I can get them filed and get a certified copy same day.

Comment

Well good news, they will let me pay quarterly, they just add it up and divide by 12 and add that to my debt/income ratio

Comment

Why not just pay cash money? This is "dfwm" after all! Lol
                "PSH!!!"

Comment

If I did that I wouldnt have any money left over for updates

Comment

Originally posted by abecx View Post
                    If I did that I wouldnt have any money left over for updates
                    Only kidding but congrats on your purchase!!
                    "PSH!!!"

Comment

I forgot to tell you that you'll need to schedule an appointment before you go up there. If you haven't already call 844-545-5640. I had to make an appointment just to make a payment.

Comment

Working...
                      X