Health Insurance when changing jobs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Health Insurance when changing jobs?

Is Cobra still around or how about any other Health Insurance to have until the new job insurance kicks in, this will be needed for 2 months. Thanks in advance Gents...
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Yes. You usually pay your portion AND the employer's portion of the insurance premium during that time. This make is roughly double your current premium, sometimes more.

Comment

^^^, the price depends on how much your employer pays, but you are right, the full amount will be due. My current employer pays 95% of the cost, so if I got COBRA thru them, it would be a lot more!

Comment

Yeah the cool thing about Cobra is you have 60 days to sign up for it. So you can wait it out, if something happens sign up for it on day 59. You'd have to pay the entire premium but if you don't need it at day 60 then save your money.

Mine would be $3495 per 1/4 for me and the wife but that's Tricare's plan. I'm not paying that much for health insurance.

Comment

You might verify this, but when I changed jobs recently I was told I could retroactively sign up for COBRA in case something catastrophic happened. Else it was just hope nothing expensive came along while I wasn't covered.

And Nobamacare tax will allow for a 3 month lapse in coverage for job changes, if that comes up.
          Men have become the tools of their tools.
          -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
            Yeah the cool thing about Cobra is you have 60 days to sign up for it. So you can wait it out, if something happens sign up for it on day 59. You'd have to pay the entire premium but if you don't need it at day 60 then save your money.

Mine would be $3495 per 1/4 for me and the wife but that's Tricare's plan. I'm not paying that much for health insurance.
            That's pocket change for 'H

Comment

Yep, as they said, you can do Cobra retroactively - only sign and pay if you need it.
              Originally posted by davbrucas
              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                That's pocket change for 'H
                Don't start that rumor, you know I'm barely scraping by as it is...
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                  Don't start that rumor, you know I'm barely scraping by as it is...
                  Left the decimal out, $34.95 is pocket change for 'H

Comment

Working...
                  X