Look what I won in an auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look what I won in an auction

It cost me $130 but it went to Coalition to Salute America's Heroes. It's the 13 hours book signed by the remaining contractors and Ambassador Steven's challenge coin. I will admit, holding that coin gives me a cold chill.

I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

That's pretty cool
    G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
      That's pretty cool
      Fuck yeah🇺🇸

Comment

That's awesome, man! I totally get it with regards to the challenge coin too.
        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

I have been coined by men who aren't here any longer and some who died a pretty bad death but his was completely unnecessary and an example of one of ours being expended due to politics. It's like holding something that marks a promise and seeing that promise unfulfilled and betrayed if that makes any sense.

As a soldier, I don't know. I'm torn. I spent a good 20 minutes just looking at the coin alone and I'm going to read the book but on the other hand, I really, really don't like that coin. It feels..... wrong.

Comment

That's pretty cool man!

Comment

Nice.
              "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                I have been coined by men who aren't here any longer and some who died a pretty bad death but his was completely unnecessary and an example of one of ours being expended due to politics. It's like holding something that marks a promise and seeing that promise unfulfilled and betrayed if that makes any sense.

As a soldier, I don't know. I'm torn. I spent a good 20 minutes just looking at the coin alone and I'm going to read the book but on the other hand, I really, really don't like that coin. It feels..... wrong.
                I can totally see that. I would also look at it for what it truly is...a challenge, from him, to work to keep what happened to him from happening to anyone else. Or, at the very least, to keep the faith.
                "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                  I can totally see that. I would also look at it for what it truly is...a challenge, from him, to work to keep what happened to him from happening to anyone else. Or, at the very least, to keep the faith.
                  Good point. It's going on my shelf next to my autograph from President Bush.

Comment

Originally posted by 564826 View Post
                    Fuck yeah🇺🇸
                    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Wow dude! That's amazing.
                      sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                      🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

There was some really neat stuff that was up for auction. The wife works for them and I will admit to spending a lot of time looking at what they had on auction and I got into a bidding war with her boss. Last year I got beat by her boss and she mailed me a hat signed by over a dozen NASCAR racers that I was bidding on.

Comment

I was hoping that it would be a black girl in her late teens.
                          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Use the cold of that coin to help curb flames of passion that might otherwise burn out of control.

#countryjedi
                            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                              Use the cold of that coin to help curb flames of passion that might otherwise burn out of control.

#countryjedi
                              Damn. That's deep. I'm taking it with me to DC for the inauguration.

Comment

Working...
                              X