Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else have trouble getting life insurance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else have trouble getting life insurance?

I have discovered it is impossible for me to get life insurance. When I first got back I was told "Nope, wait 10 years because you guys kill yourself during that first 10 years so come back after that and we'll insure you."

Cool. It's been 12 years. 6 different companies and no one wants to insure me for a piddly little 150k life insurance policy. I would say "Who do I have to kill for a life insurance policy" but I already did that. I mean, I joined the Civil Air Patrol and they have a life insurance policy that is through the Air Force. I was thinking "Sweet, military, they should understand."

Nope. Not for me. Everyone else in the house has life insurance but me.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

I'm trying to get rid of mine and cash it out. You give me the money and I'll trade you and you can say you're me.

Comment

Can you get a cheap little 50K policy? They usually hand those out with no questions asked, or at least I think they do. If so, just get a bunch of those from different companies.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
        Can you get a cheap little 50K policy? They usually hand those out with no questions asked, or at least I think they do. If so, just get a bunch of those from different companies.
        I looked into getting some additional coverage a couple months back. Globe Life won't leave me alone now. They do small amounts with no exam but they're pretty expensive. Iirc they were about the same price for about 1/5 the coverage as what I got from MetLife.
        Originally posted by davbrucas
        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

No big deal really, but I did have to have an in-home physical exam. That was kinda weird.
          When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Stay away from whole life insurance. That is all.

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
              Stay away from whole life insurance. That is all.
              I have heard the same.

Comment

I was looking at a 20 year term that would cover paying off all the bills if I kick it. Small, no big deal or so I thought. They tell me "Oh, sleep apnea? No big deal. Meds? No biggie. TBI?" <click>

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                  No big deal really, but I did have to have an in-home physical exam. That was kinda weird.
                  but did he buy you dinner first?

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                    I have heard the same.
                    People who say that generally don't understand money. There are times whole life is great and makes perfect sense. But that doesn't apply to everyone.

I just got declined on a large policy through Northwestern Mutual. Don't have much to offer beyond that because I'm still looking for a policy.
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

We just got policies from www.selectquote.com
                      2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

No kids and only debt is my house with tons of equity, so I figure I don't have a need for life insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                          People who say that generally don't understand money. There are times whole life is great and makes perfect sense. But that doesn't apply to everyone.

I just got declined on a large policy through Northwestern Mutual. Don't have much to offer beyond that because I'm still looking for a policy.
                          That is correct. It is out there for a reason. People tend to pay a lot monthly for a policy they don't quite understand.

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
                            We just got policies from www.selectquote.com
                            I looked through them and called them and 'they searched several of their companies' and were all good until they heard "bullet in the head, TBI." Nope. Don't know how to code it, no hell no.

Comment

I was going to say how does one that already died get life insurance?

Comment

Working...
                              X