Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4 days, where in the mountains should I fly to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 days, where in the mountains should I fly to?

Taking off Weds after work, off till Monday, want to fly somewhere cold, in the mountains, go rent me a cabin somewhere. This would be just myself, people think it's crazy, but I love it. I was thinking of flying into Kalispell, Montana and getting a cabin in West Glacier or Essex. Any other destinations to consider?

estes park, co?! I really love Colorado...

flying at will sounds bad ass though!!!!

Comment

Yea, that's a good idea. Also thinking about flying into Montrose and heading up to either Ouray or Telluride.

Found this cabin at Lake MacDonald in Glacier National Park for $175/night

Comment

I've wanted to drive the sun road for a minute now
        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Glacier is always awesome. I drove through there today, they just got their first snow.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
            Glacier is always awesome. I drove through there today, they just got their first snow.
            Wow, so would you stay closer to Kalispell or up into the forest say, West Glacier or Essex?

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
              Wow, so would you stay closer to Kalispell or up into the forest say, West Glacier or Essex?
              West Glacier has more to offer, but this time of year it's a little limited since the weather has begun to turn.

Roads are still fine, but there is some ice here and there. A lot of the trails have snow now, but not deep yet.

Here is my backyard today for comparison. It's roughly the same as what they got to the east.

Any commercial areas have already been cleared, though.
              Last edited by Jimbo; 11-27-2015, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X