Anyone had turf toe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone had turf toe?

I am no expert but my googles show to be what I have. Anyone have any suggestions on getting through this? Its been a week of constant dull pain. How long does this last?

no, but i once thought i had mono for an entire year. turned out i was just really bored.

Comment

Originally posted by jammeejamm View Post
      no, but i once thought i had mono for an entire year. turned out i was just really bored.
      that's funny.

But I actually kept digging and found it probably is actually Plantar Fasciitis. The ball at the bottom of my foot is killing me.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
        that's funny.

But I actually kept digging and found it probably is actually Plantar Fasciitis. The ball at the bottom of my foot is killing me.
        Google that shit and do the stretches that you find(not sure how to adequately describe them in text).

I had this and it still rears its ugly head from time to time, but the stretch quells it quick, fast, and in a hurry.

It's a fluid build up in the ball of your foot and a tightening of the tendons in the heel area. The stretch relieves this for the most part.
        G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
          Google that shit and do the stretches that you find(not sure how to adequately describe them in text).

I had this and it still rears its ugly head from time to time, but the stretch quells it quick, fast, and in a hurry.

It's a fluid build up in the ball of your foot and a tightening of the tendons in the heel area. The stretch relieves this for the most part.
          Did it hurt at your hill or at the ball near your toes?

Mine is hurting at the medial plantar fascia in this pic.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
            Did it hurt at your hill or at the ball near your toes?

Mine is hurting at the medial plantar fascia in this pic.

I misread your post, mine is at the heel of my foot. There should be a stretch of some sort you can do for the ball of your foot as well.

A dr. friend of mine was telling me about a new procedure he was looking into that uses a syringe and an ultrasonic device to break up the fluid/fats in the problem area and then suck them out. That might be something to ask your dr. about.
            G'Day Mate

Comment

FWIW, my wife was stretching my foot/calf one night and I told her to hit my foot a little to see if that helped any and I finally got her hitting hard enough that something broke up and my foot felt 200% better.

Some light to moderate percussion might help yours out since you can't stretch it too much.
              G'Day Mate

Comment

go to one of the Happy Feet chinese foot reflexology places

Comment

Turf toe SUCKS. I got it back when I was doing BJJ with Wario and a couple other board members. Mine was a fracture and ligament tear.

Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                  I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                  Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                  Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                  dont downshift!!
                  Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

please take that pic down

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                      please take that pic down
                      No. Everyone can share in what amounted to 6 months worth of pain. I still have instability in that toe. I wouldn't wish turf toe on anyone.
                      Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                      Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                      Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                      dont downshift!!
                      Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Yeah. Actually got it last Wednesday. It feels a lot better now but the first few days sucked. Stay off of it as much as you can for the first week or so.
                        "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

I've got Plantar Fasciitis in both of my feet. Shit sucks.
                          '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
                          '13 Dodge Cummins
                          '14 Rubicon X

Comment

Turf toe sux. I have it in both big toes. With every step you experience pain in your big toe - the joint that connects the toe to your foot. Mine started in one foot about 6 years ago... occasional discomfort when walking or pushing off. It eventually became with every step. I had a surgery on that toe three years ago - the procedure is called a Cheilectomy, which is where they break that joint and clean out bone spurs causing the problem. The surgery gave me more range of motion but the pain is still there with every step. Two years ago I developed the same pain in the other big toe. Haven't been to the doctor about that one yet. What helps a lot is to get steel inserts an place them in the bottom of your shoes. This prevents that joint flexing as much with each step. Google "turf toe inserts". Hope that helps, man. Sure hope you don't have this.

If any comfort, you get used to the pain and eventually don't think about it that much. Kind of like tinnitus (the getting used to it part).

Comment

Working...
                            X