No announcement yet.

Business casual attrire, what brand???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business casual attrire, what brand???

So the new gig I'm starting in 2 weeks is bid'ness casual. The last 10 years, I had no dress code, so wore jeans, T-shirts, shorts, whatever.

No longer can I do that, so I got 3 pairs of Hagar pants, and so far, they suck! They are the biggest lint magnets I have ever seen! They hold more static electricity than fricken any pants I've ever owned. They cling to me worse than the damn plastic wrap to a DVD case! They are pretty much worthless, so looking for something else to get.

How are Levi Dockers, do they even still make them? Any other suggestions?

If you haven't double checked yet, make sure that business casual does not exclude nice jeans. I have worked places where they considered business casual to be nice jeans and polo shirts. Also some places say no blue jeans, but khaki denim is OK, which is stupid but maybe worth looking into.

As for clothing, I almost always shop for whatever is on sale 60-85% off. I hit up Bealls and Kohls usually since they always have large sale sections and I usually notice khakis on the rack, though I couldn't tell you what brands they have. I think the pair of khakis I have are levis. Also might check western wear stores; alot of western clothing manufacturers have dress pants and it is usually high quality, but it can be expensive. I am a cheap bastard when it comes to clothes and like I said I usually buy on the sale racks.
    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Dockers are the same, especially the dark one.

I picked up several pair from a buddy that runs a Jos A. Banks off 114/Bush, and they are pretty decent, just a bit spendy, but they do sales all the time.

Comment

old navy/gap/banana republic for me

Comment

What fit/style you looking for?

Comment

Van Heusen

Comment

cotton or wool only for me. the poly blend pants you have will not breathe well and they cling to you and its terrible. stay away from synthetic fibers in general. youll spend more for natural fiber stuff but it will last way longer too.

Comment

Where I work is biz casual, but our biz casual is nice shoes, nice blue jeans and a button down. Get definitions!
                  Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                  I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                  Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                  Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                  dont downshift!!
                  Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

I like round tree and York. Kohl's and Costco are some consistent options as well

Comment

What's "attrire" ??

God bless.
                      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                        What's "attrire" ??

God bless.

Thats the mexican word of the day

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                          Only if the shirt had a collar, so can't do it, damnit!

Some groups I've seen wearing jeans when I went to the office, but during my calls, jeans were not mentioned as allowed, so no jeans. Shirts with a collar, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                            Only if the shirt had a collar, so can't do it, damnit!

Some groups I've seen wearing jeans when I went to the office, but during my calls, jeans were not mentioned as allowed, so no jeans. Shirts with a collar, etc.
                            If that is the case I would just use what you have for now and see what the real policy is after you start. Sounds like jeans will be ok, maybe dress pants for important meetings or when with clients or something like that.
                            I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Check steinmart too.

Comment

Working...
                              X