need a solid please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a solid please

my father in law passed a week or so ago so mamaw no longer needs 2 vehicles. can anyone tell me if a $ 15k offer from carmax on a 2012 honda crv lx trim with 32k miles is fair? auto, cloth, power everything, rear view camera. thanks gents.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Seems a little low with that mileage. I bet it would retail above $20k but I could be mistaken.

Comment

what's owed on it? if that will pay it off i'd just get out of it given the circumstances.

Comment

Obv. I'm just trying to make sure she doesn't get ripped, they owe like $4k.

God bless.
        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

i'd take it, and run, or sell it private party.. i looked on craigslist and there are only 2 2012's priced the same, but with 90k+

Comment

Doesn't sound like a bad deal. They're there to make money, so obviously you'd make more selling it privately but if you're just looking for ease then that's not too bad. as long as you come away "happy" with what they give you .
            2014 GT
            2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

Yeah the kbb is within $1000-1500. I'm assuming we are paying for the ease of transaction.

God bless.

Comment

assuming its awd I'd say that's about right

Comment

More than you'd get as a trade-in, but as has been said, less than you'll get private party. Imp it's worth a grand or so not to have to dick with advertising and mouthbreathers coming to the house. I sold my Ranger to Carmax when I bought the M3.

Comment

If you can, contact the old Frank Kent Honda dealer on the west side of Fort Worth. They used to buy nice low mileage Hondas for more than what Carmax would. We had them look at our 04 Accord when we were looking to replace it. Their offer was about 1600 more than Carmax.

Comment

What's her other vehicle?

Comment

Since you have the CarMax offer in your hip pocket, see if you can sell it for more. If you can't then take it in to CarMax on the last day and unload it.
                        Originally posted by racrguy
                        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                        Originally posted by racrguy
                        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                          Since you have the CarMax offer in your hip pocket, see if you can sell it for more. If you can't then take it in to CarMax on the last day and unload it.
                          agreed, if im not mistaken carmax stands by their offer for 7 days.

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                            agreed, if im not mistaken carmax stands by their offer for 7 days.
                            That is correct. Offer is guaranteed for 7 days.
                            2014 GT
                            2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

Above average condition MMR at manheim on that car is $15.5K. That is with sub 30K miles. I would say that it's a very fair offer.

Comment

Working...
                              X