1998 gt convertible with a car seat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 gt convertible with a car seat?

rear facing cart seat in a 1998 gt convertible, can it be done and how well would it work if done? the back seat is different than a coupe right? might have an opportunity to pick one up for a good deal with insanely low miles. would have dd duty and keep the miles down on my new truck.

anyone have a pic?
    Last edited by smrr1; 01-03-2015, 10:11 PM.

Had one in my 96GT for quite a while. While it can be done, you will have to have it on the passenger side, and don't plan on having a passenger in the front seat if they are taller than 5'5"...
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by smrr1 View Post
      rear facing cart seat in a 1998 gt convertible, can it be done and how well would it work of done? the back seat is different than a coupe right? might have an opportunity to pick one up for a good deal with insanely low miles. would have dd duty and keep the miles down on my new truck.
      Back seat is slightly more narrow than the coupe. I don't know jack about car seats, but it should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
        Had one in my 96GT for quite a while. While it can be done, you will have to have it on the passenger side, and don't plan on having a passenger in the front seat if they are taller than 5'5"...
        thanks. i'd just be racking up miles to and from work. i'd pick up the kid on the way home from daycare so i would have the seat in the car everyday. very rare would i ever have a passenger and my kid in the car. i have a new truck and my wife has a sedan we can use.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
          Back seat is slightly more narrow than the coupe. I don't know jack about car seats, but it should be fine.
          thanks. are the seat backs more upright and further forward/closer the the rear of the front seats?

Comment

Just take the passenger seat out. Easy in and out then.
            2004 Mustang GT: BBK shorty headers, BBK O/R X, Flowmaster catback, JLT cold air, Trickflow 75mm TB and Plenum, UD pulleys, upper and lower CA's, 3.73, SCT XCal 2 ---- SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by DeddRekoning View Post
              Just take the passenger seat out. Easy in and out then.
              sounds good. i was thinking just drop the top, easy in and out!

Comment

Plenty of room in a fox... just get the damn fox already! My wife could ride comfortably with the infant carrier begind her and she is 5'9"

Comment

So let me get this straight. You have a new truck that presumably the car seat would fit in easily, but instead you opt for an older sports car to drive daily that the car seat won't easily fit in, and won't be easy to access, all because you don't want to put miles on the new truck, which presumably you purchased to drive. That makes a lot of sense.
                  I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

sounds good. i was thinking just drop the top, easy in and out!
                    (From experience ) any car seat in the pony sucks. But it is easier with the top down. When i had too pick my daughter up from school i would take the truck and leave the pony in the garage.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                      So let me get this straight. You have a new truck that presumably the car seat would fit in easily, but instead you opt for an older sports car to drive daily that the car seat won't easily fit in, and won't be easy to access, all because you don't want to put miles on the new truck, which presumably you purchased to drive. That makes a lot of sense.
                      Don't want to run up a ton of miles fast on a $50,000 truck. Rather wear out a cheap car and keep the truck a lot longer. $50,000 every few years would add up. If i can keep it under 10k a year it will last a lot longer. I do 20-25k a year.

Comment

Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
                        Plenty of room in a fox... just get the damn fox already! My wife could ride comfortably with the infant carrier begind her and she is 5'9"
                        I would consider one if it popped up close with right miles condition and price.

Comment

Don't want to run up a ton of miles fast on a $50,000 truck. Rather wear out a cheap car and keep the truck a lot longer. $50,000 every few years would add up. If i can keep it under 10k a year it will last a lot longer. I do 20-25k a year.
                          Just thinking out loud, and I know this is kind of a crazy idea, but you don't have to spend $50,000 every few years on vehicles. It is a crazy idea but it just might be crazy enough to work.
                          I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                            Just thinking out loud, and I know this is kind of a crazy idea, but you don't have to spend $50,000 every few years on vehicles. It is a crazy idea but it just might be crazy enough to work.
                            Thats the plan. Just buy one and keep it. Mix in a few cheap cars to make that happen. We want one nice new vehicle that has room power and 4wd. We take road trips cross country and in the mountains so i want a nice comfortable reliable and capable vehicle for that. I do understand what you are saying.

Comment

I am open to other cars and other styles of cars. Not in any hurry. If i don't find the right car i'll keep driving the truck. Looked at a 95 lexus ls400 this morning. Only had 88k miles. Something wasn't right with it. I am super picky about my cars.

Comment

Working...
                              X