2014 Ended on a sorry note

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Ended on a sorry note

Not sure why I felt the need to post this other than to bring to attention the issue that is mental health and suicide. It has hit many on the board this past year that I have grieved with and hit my personal life today. My mother finally succumbed to her demons and ended her life. That phone call is not one that I would wish on anyone. Mental health is a huge problem and one that doesn't get the attention it needs as many people do not actually believe it is an illness. Well it is. Very real and very serious

I've private messaged my number to many before that we're having depression issues and I will post it here as well for anyone reading this. 940-859-6336

Call anytime day or night if you need to talk.

Thomas

Condolences for your mother. I lost mine a few years ago unexpectedly to Cancer. Time does help but it does suck.
    WRX

Comment

Wow, really sorry to hear that.

It seems like there's been a lot of tragedy this year. Just had a death in my family as well, and two of my friends lost family members, MikeC, now your mom...all within the last couple of weeks.

My thoughts go out to you and your family.

Comment

My condolences.

Comment

Sorry to hear it.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Very sorry to hear that.

Comment

My sincere condolences.. My wifes brother succumbed to his demons a few years ago.. His kids are still hurting from his decision to end his life.
              Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

My condolences sir. My mom is going through drug rehab, fighting depression and mental illness. I kind of know I will be in your boat.

Comment

Damn!

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Comment

my condolences to you sir...

mental health issues are very real and very powerful. Just because you can't see exposed blood or bone, doesn't mean there isn't immense pain

I lost my brother to a drug overdose, but he was self medicating mental health issues. I don't know your exact pain here, but I know the pain of losing a loved one to mental health problems

Here's to a better 2015, brother
                    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                      My condolences sir. My mom is going through drug rehab, fighting depression and mental illness. I kind of know I will be in your boat.
                      My mom went through rehab about a yr ago for prescription drug addiction. She actually was released/kicked out for insurance reasons from a Mental Hospital on Monday from another attempted suicide by OD. Insurance felt it wasn't a needed extended stay this go round. She's been in and out of mental hospitals for the past 5-6yrs. She just never could conquer them.

My mom was a master manipulator and knew how to work the system. She unfortunately built herself a nasty "record" thy kept many Drs from wanting to treat her.

If you need any help or suggestions for treatment with your mom let me know. I have numerous contacts that I will send you

Comment

So sorry to hear. I hope 2015 goes your way.

Comment

My mom went to the rehab place and they turned her away because she was too clean. They said there was some alternative program they put her in. She really shouldn't be an outpatient.

Comment

I'm sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what you and your family are going through.
                            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                              My mom went to the rehab place and they turned her away because she was too clean. They said there was some alternative program they put her in. She really shouldn't be an outpatient.
                              I can relate to this exactly

Comment

Working...
                              X