Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need electrical help for my house!!

I guess when it rains, it pours.

So I'm working from home minding my own business when my electricity goes out. At first I'm thinking "well this is f'n great!" then I realize my ceiling fan in the family room is still on. After checking things out, I find out that opposite sides of the house has lost power while most of the middle part is good. I checked the breakers and none were tripped. I went ahead and flipped them all off and back on just in case. They all felt nice and tight when flipping them back on too. The meter hasn't been messed with...

Does anyone have any idea where to start troubleshooting?

call the power company, your meter or the line from the pole is fucked.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Thanks DJ...I called Oncor and their automated system said my service was disconnected. Then I called my provider and sure enough, they show a switch in service providers... still on the phone with them. It was probably the buyer trying to get services switched over. The water utility came by last week and turned the water off, thankfully I have a meter key.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
        Thanks DJ...I called Oncor and their automated system said my service was disconnected. Then I called my provider and sure enough, they show a switch in service providers... still on the phone with them. It was probably the buyer trying to get services switched over. The water utility came by last week and turned the water off, thankfully I have a meter key.
        haha, joys of moving. Good luck sir. Get your rental side squared away or still looking?
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
          haha, joys of moving. Good luck sir. Get your rental side squared away or still looking?
          yes and yes, kinda. LOL. Man, my world is upside down right now. We didn't find a rental just yet. The wife wants to stay with her grandparents (they have extra bedrooms) because she doesn't want to commit to a 1yr rental. She's hoping a house to buy will pop up soon but it's a slim chance due to what we're looking for. On top of all of that, she has cold feet about buying a lot and building. The closer we get to having all of our stuff out of our house and into storage, the more and more I'm thinking staying with her grandparents is INSANE!!

I'm about to pull rank and tell her we're getting a rental. But with my luck, as soon as we're locked in, a house WILL pop up.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
            I'm about to pull rank and tell her we're getting a rental. But with my luck, as soon as we're locked in, a house WILL pop up.
            Hate to say it, but it's best to stay as agile as possible in this regard. It seems like a lot of homes are going on/off the market in this area - one may meet your specifications sooner than later.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Where is this house?

Comment

Put your stuff in storage, and get into one of those Extended Stay hotels. We lived in one for 3 months when our house was being built. It has everything you need included, TV with cable, internet, kitchen and appliances. Only bill is the monthly rent, which is still pretty cheap! We did it with 3 dogs too.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                  Put your stuff in storage, and get into one of those Extended Stay hotels. We lived in one for 3 months when our house was being built. It has everything you need included, TV with cable, internet, kitchen and appliances. Only bill is the monthly rent, which is still pretty cheap! We did it with 3 dogs too.
                  yea, I live in one on 30 and buckner. 135 a week!!!!

Comment

man that's cheap... thanks for the idea, I'll see what I can find in the Plano/Allen/McKinney/Princeton area.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                      call the power company, your meter or the line from the pole is fucked.
                      Turns out the meter was broken. My electric provider had opened a ticket with Oncor...they said since the service was switched, there shouldn't have been any power at all. Guy shows up and switches out the smart meter and everything is back to normal. He said the old one was showing disconnected or something.

What a relief. With everything else that's going on right now, I'm on the edge of insanity

Comment

good luck. fyi, it is illegal to turn the water back on if the municipals shuts it off. they should have put a lock on it.

Comment

Working...
                        X