Quick assessment of classic mustang value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick assessment of classic mustang value

What do you guys think it's worth? Only have a few minutes left to decide.

1965 w/ a 289. Originally a 289 car with new interior and decent paint.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ryTeFs6heg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0GGWZ5KH0Q

You flippin or rollin?
    The car chase show thought he could get $16-20k retail. Not sure what he sold it for.
    Have you driven it? Sight unseen? Might just go low at $8-9k
    Rich

Comment

could be either. I've seen it and it's been driven but not much. It's an auction car... looking to get it for under 8 to keep and sell down the road for more.

Comment

Fastback? 4sp?
        Color?
        Tight car, like suspension rebuild?
        Less is better but having watched those auction shows, people ain't afraid to drop coin on a car. Have a limit.
        Rich

Comment

Somewhere around 8 is probably right. The real factor is rust. It has some, it just depends on how much. This looks like the kind of car that got fresh paint and vinyl for resale. It's pretty clean, but you can tell it's not a recent full restoration. Freshened driver. I'd roll it.

Comment

It's really hard to give a value based on the youtube examples. The cowl area didn't look like it had rust - but they didn't really point the camera towards it so it was really hard to tell. It's obvious it's been re-painted - important to know if it was done to cover up the bad - or if all the body damage/rust was properly repaired in the process.

you say it's a 1965 but the youtube link says 1964/2
            that looks like a 289 and not a 260 - the 1964/2 only came with a 260 - but again hard to tell from the pictures - and was it a V8 conversion? things like that make it go down in value rather than up - so if they swapped the 260 for a 289 I would say that's really a tradeoff - but if it was a six banger car and they replaced everything to upgrade it to V8 - then it's up to you decide to knock off for that - some mustang buyers knock off for non orginal V8 cars, some don't care.

Overall it looks good - having looked at lots of 64/64/66/67/68 mustangs over the years and on my second ownership of a classic mustang I would say no more than 7k or 8k tops. Having more information about the car and seeing detailed pictures of the front, side, back, trunk (under carpet), undercarriage, floor pans, rocker panels, corner views, plus the VIN number I could give a better estimate.

Comment

Those wheels are nasty.

Comment

Vin shows its a 289 car making it a 65. I took the advice on the paint being a cover up and pissed on it

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                  Those wheels are nasty.

You're crazy. Slotted mags are fucking awesome.

Comment

Working...
                  X