Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do people who work in the corporate world like to make as many appointments they can

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do people who work in the corporate world like to make as many appointments they can

Do people who work in the corporate world like to make as many appointments just to get out work? I’ve noticed from friends an family who have these office jobs that they always have some kind of doctors appointment or other stuff every month. I guess it’s to get them away from work?

Maybe they just don't like staying in their office or hanging out with you?
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

No one is hanging out with me I am too busy running my business to be slacking off!

I just thought I’d ask. it's the little shit that I notice. lol

Comment

Because they can get away with it.

Comment

Those people are on a salary, which means they get paid a set amount of money to get a job done, whether it's 40 hours or 80 hours.

That gives them the freedom to leave the office to run errands, or even work remotely. But when the heat's on, or it's busy, they get the same money even if thier working 100 hours per week.

Comment

They also have insurance that's provided by the company which aloes them to get preventative checks and dental cleanings. As well as visits to nutrtitionists and such. Why waste good resources?

Comment

I would say it depends on the position.

Comment

So are you telling me that you don't actually go to the dr, dentist, eye doctor, financial advisor, or anything like that?

Comment

Yup, I usually try to consolidate all those appointments in a month period but sure enough there are always some retarded follow-up or something.
                  Originally posted by MR EDD
                  U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                    So are you telling me that you don't actually go to the dr, dentist, eye doctor, financial advisor, or anything like that?
                    yeah the dentist but thats it

Comment

I always make my appointments at 3:30 on Friday so I can bail early and not come back, since my doctors are all an hour away you know. The sad thing is that I still put in way more than 40 hours a week, stupid salary.

Comment

I don't see the point in this thread.

Who cares?

I/we pay for insurance and I am going to use it, which includes appointments, follow-ups and anything else that I may need checked or examined. It is also why I have vacation and sick time.

As long as they are not lying about said doctors visit then I see no problem with this.
                        Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                        Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                          I don't see the point in this thread.

Who cares?

I/we pay for insurance and I am going to use it, which includes appointments, follow-ups and anything else that I may need checked or examined. It is also why I have vacation and sick time.

As long as they are not lying about said doctors visit then I see no problem with this.

Basically what he said. The appointments come with all the benefits, vacation and sick time.

I get 4 weeks of vacation, with an option to buy a 5th week. I also get 10 sick days, and some other days off. Plus, working at a bank, I get holidays off.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                            Basically what he said. The appointments come with all the benefits, vacation and sick time.

I get 4 weeks of vacation, with an option to buy a 5th week. I also get 10 sick days, and some other days off. Plus, working at a bank, I get holidays off.
                            Don't forget you work banker hours.
                            Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                            Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                              Don't forget you work banker hours.
                              I hate when people say that. If we are really busy, I have to work from home from time to time. Don't forget we don't get the option for 4 day weekends either.

Comment

Working...
                              X