Deferred adjudication question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deferred adjudication question?

Got a speeding ticket, when doing deferred , is the probation just for that county, or for the whole state? TIA

Should be for that city or county, depending on where you got busted.

My last one was in Grapevine, so I could not get another in the city limits for like 6 or 9 months.

Comment

I think it depends on who issued the ticket. If it's a city police, then I think it's just for the city. If it's a state trooper, I think it's the whole state. Not sure though.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
        I think it depends on who issued the ticket. If it's a city police, then I think it's just for the city. If it's a state trooper, I think it's the whole state. Not sure though.
        This
        Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

It used to be restricted to the city/county/state depending on if you were ticketed by City, County, or Trooper. I know I have had more than one ticket on deferred in different areas at the same time.

<--- Currently on a 30 day deferred in Bedford.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
            Got a speeding ticket, when doing deferred , is the probation just for that county, or for the whole state? TIA
            I think it really depends on the judge.

Comment

You guys act like all these courts are synced up. Every court is different and most have different software. Even the troopers use different courts. You could probably defer a ticket in every city in the state at the same time.
              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

It was a city cop, Burleson/Johnson cty. First ticket in 15 years. But I did deserve it

Comment

No way to get a ticket fixed in this damn county

Comment

I just got a ticket in Prosper and chose deferred, with them it's in the state!

Comment

Guess I will find out Monday

Comment

I thought the city reviewed your driving record when you go to take care of a ticket. I recall having to send off for a copy of my driving record to prove eligible for a DDC.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post

<--- Currently on a 30 day deferred in Bedford.
                          <--- Currently on 6 month deferred in Farmers Branch, TX

<--- Currently on 90 day deferred in Claude, TX

The last week in March was a bad week for me with respect to driving.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ-95GT View Post
                            I thought the city reviewed your driving record when you go to take care of a ticket. I recall having to send off for a copy of my driving record to prove eligible for a DDC.
                            I guess that could depend on city. I've received tickets all over this great State, and I've never once had to do that since I started driving.
                            Originally posted by BradM
                            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Gear_Jammer View Post
                              <--- Currently on 6 month deferred in Farmers Branch, TX

<--- Currently on 90 day deferred in Claude, TX

The last week in March was a bad week for me with respect to driving.
                              Couldnt talk yourself out of them, huh?
                              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                              X