need some new threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some new threads

As I enter into a new phase of my career I need serious help in the wardrobe department. I have zero fashion sense and khakis a polo and boots ain't gonna cut it anymore.

Has anyone ever used a personal image consultant? Your wife/gf/that gay guy you know? What about mens warehouse don't they have people on staff to help the fashion challenged like me?

I'll still need steel toes, but I've been researching steel toe dress shoes and they do exist they're just fugly.
    The richest man in Babylon

i dont think "digs" is what you think it means...

Comment

Guess I forgot to reference my pocket urban thesaurus.

Comment

"digs" is where you live

maybe you're looking for some new "threads"?
        --Marcus

Comment

mens warehouse , come down Barney.

Comment

The Macy's chicks are usually really good about putting 'outfits' together in the dress clothes area. I am lucky enough to have a GF with fashion sense so i tell her what i need, she buys bags full of shit for me to try on, then takes whatever i don't want back. it keeps me from being in the store, and she enjoys going shopping. win/win

Comment

Go grab a GQ

Comment

What are you wearing "jake at State Farm" ?
                07 GT500
                05 SRT10
                88 turbocoupe T-bird
                93 Cobra
                86 coupe
                Ducati 848

Comment

"Duds"

Are you taking full suit exec level or just moving up into the slacks/button dorn shirt/tie?

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                    Go grab a GQ
                    Or grab a gay man.

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                      Go grab a GQ
                      If skinny jeans and scarves are his thing, then by all means.

Comment

Button down & slacks (non pleated please god no pleats). Business casual I guess you could say.

I could probably get away with just khakis but initially i'll be forced to report out in front of senior leadership on almost a weekly basis in a boardroom type setting. I'm probably 15 years younger than most of the people at my level and I don't want them to view me as just some inexperienced kid. So I think some new "threads" will aid in the confidence boost.

Comment

Find out your shirt size. Try fitted and non-fitted. (Gut/no gut).

Banana Republic chinos are nice and not wholly expensive, you can rotate through a number of colors. Honestly a slate or black chino with a white button down shirt and a tie is basic business. If you want to go with suit pants instead, get at least 5 pairs and rotate them around. 10 would be better.

Same with shirts, find a style you like and invest in a number of them 10-15 so you spread out the wear and tear.

Use ties and socks to make a color statement or have fun with.

Comment

You can never go wrong with Polo. Their style of clothing will never go out of style.

Comment

Don't forget to buy a sweater vest.
                              Originally posted by talisman
                              I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                              Originally posted by AdamLX
                              If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                              Because fuck you, that's why
                              Originally posted by 80coupe
                              nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                              Originally posted by Rick Modena
                              ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                              Originally posted by Jester
                              Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Working...
                              X