Time Warner Cable internet pricing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Warner Cable internet pricing

So after switching plans on AT&T and saving money, I called Time Warner about my internet speed and costs. I currently pay just over $63 with taxes and modem lease a month for 15mbps/1mbps.

Their website is halfway working and gives me half of the info I need. So I get on their chat and she can't help either. She does give me a number to call. Anyway, I get someone that can help me and I tell her my current rate and plan. She says, "Well, I can double your download speed to 30mb and get you 5mb upload if that works for you." Of course I ask her how much more that will be and she says, "Same cost to you." Sooooooo yeah.

Time Warner sucks, if you can get Verizon FIOS get it. If not get Charter. $30 a month for 12 months and 30megs and 3megs up

Comment

No Fios available, I've been waiting forever. I'll see whats up with Charter.

[edit] Charter not available either. It is $40 a month when you don't bundle.

Comment

The wife just made a phone call and cut $70 off our uverse with more channels and a $200 gift card.

Comment

Just got twc 30meg internet. $60 month.
          2012 GT500

Comment

how are you paying so much for uverse? I"m paying 35 a month for 24mbps.

Comment

Nothing worthwhile to add here just wanted to confirm that Time Warner blows goats for quarters.

Comment

Interestingly enough, I don't have a problem with their service. In fact I've had them at this house since we moved in and never had a single complaint. Their website sucks though, and I have had my share of problems with them in other homes, but they are good here. I looked around and I don't think I have many options in this zip code which is strange to me because it's not like I am out in BFE. It's Frisco. LOL Glad I'm getting better speeds for the same price though, with a simple phone call and no "I'm going to cancel" BS.

Comment

Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
                  how are you paying so much for uverse? I"m paying 35 a month for 24mbps.
                  internet, phone and tv

Comment

I went with AT&T here in Frisco. I hated Comcast and I think that's who TWC use to be. And for the record, I didn't think Verizon Fios cable service was all that great when I was in Plano. I had a problem with their boxes always over heating and shutting down.

Comment

15/1 with TWC here and it's $48 a month, but I'm also leasing a wifi modem from them. It sucks compared to my Charter account which is 30/5 and is usually closer to 40/4 for $49 a month.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ-95GT View Post
                        And for the record, I didn't think Verizon Fios cable service was all that great when I was in Plano. I had a problem with their boxes always over heating and shutting down.
                        I've had it since they installed the "test bed", and haven't had this issue. In fact, in 10+ years, I've only replaced two boxes. Nobody beats their internet service, unless you're in a Google Fiber area.
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Gonna call Geico next, or save even more with Esurance!

My Verizon sucks, I need to upgrade to something better!

Comment

Working...
                          X