No announcement yet.

Master planned communities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White, kind of the reason we are thinking about leaving our current neighborhood. Apparently it has good feng shui

Comment

If you care about race then it should be allen all the way buddy. I never knew just how white that town was until we moved out. And I'm not one to care at all for race.

Comment

Originally posted by no4njnk View Post
        White, kind of the reason we are thinking about leaving our current neighborhood. Apparently it has good feng shui
        Lot of rap music and BMW on chrome rimz over there

Comment

Race isn't a big deal except the ones around us are not friendly to us white folk. Go on a walk, wave, and not even a smile in return.

Comment

Originally posted by no4njnk View Post
            Race isn't a big deal except the ones around us are not friendly to us white folk. Go on a walk, wave, and not even a smile in return.
            I sold my last house for that exact reason.

Comment

We are in an older "planned community" (gated/security, etc.) and we really like it. Took a lot of adjustment moving from an acre+ corner lot to this, but I like it. All private roads, so golf carts cruise around and there are no city police running traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                I don't get the HOA thing. All people do complain about the ever enchroaching government with more regulations and more licensing and more rules, but then they can't wait for someone to tell them what they can and can't do with their house. I just don't get it.
                Most times, it's not about what YOU can or cannot do with your house but what the other guy can or cannot do. The primary purpose for an HOA "should" be to preserve property values and eliminate issues that can turn neighbor on neighbor.

I think there was a time that an HOA was a good thing to have. Even now, many HOAs are fair towards all residents. But more and more HOA's are getting too power hungry and over regulating the neighborhoods. I think it only takes one jerk getting on an HOA ruin it for everyone.

But for me personally, I'm like you. I don't want an HOA at all. My last neighborhood in Lake Dallas had a decent HOA that only bothered me if I went too long without mowing the grass. I have no issue with that kind of thing. But I couldn't put up a shed or make any real modifications without getting permission. Now I live in Denton with no HOA. I still have city regs to deal with but I do mostly what I want on my property, as do my neighbors. Unsurprisingly, we all get along rather well.

Comment

I would prefer not to have an HOA, most are pointless except for taking your money and mowing a strip of grass. I would prefer just to have running trails/sidewalks with an outdoor pool. Growing up we had a pay a yearly fee to use the pool but no HOA, I would prefer this but not many out there.

Comment

Just buy a house with a pool near a park, use the money you would have spent on the HOA fees for a pool guy to keep it up. Problem solved.

Comment

Private pool ftw. Who wants to swim with the neighborhood brats anyway?
                      sigpic

Comment

There is one house we are looking at with a pool, not very big but it is more for relaxing. Problem with a pool is having to redo it every 10 years or so.

And it is not that easy finding a house with a pool by a park that is in good shape.

Comment

Very true

Originally posted by mustang1200 View Post
                          Private pool ftw. Who wants to swim with the neighborhood brats anyway?
                          I forgot about that point......

The waterpark is always filled with kids, but that's what it was designed for.

They used to allow you bring your own alcohol, but I think there was an incident sort of like a bad episode of Beverly Hills Housewives....mommy can't get her freak on anymore.
                          sigpic
                          "Lookin' back in front of me in the mirror's a grin,
                          through eyes of love I see I'm really lookin' at a friend
                          We've all had our problems that's the way life is,
                          my heart goes out to others who are there to make amends".

Comment

Any pics of said communities?
                            WH

Comment

I actually love the community I live in.... Houses are kept up and clean, community areas are plenty and well taken care of.

HOA's aren't all bad. I've also sued my HOA in the past, albeit in a different time/place.

Comment

We moved into our neighborhood a year ago and knew going in that the HOA is a little strict. We were coming from a neighborhood where there was not an HOA and we were fed up with things we were seeing.

This HOA is strict but there are some things that don't really get flagged by the HOA. Grass for instance. They aren't giving people citations due to the drought. Lots of weeds are showing up and they know we can't water as much as we need to.

We do have to get permission to make additions to the house and I haven't had to go through that process yet. But I see that as a good thing. I don't want a neighbor to put up some shack in their backyard that is 15 feet tall and looks awful.

And the 330 a year in HOA dues sucks ass. Especially when it is due on Jan 1st, but you can pay it throughout the year.

Comment

Working...
                                X