Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need fuel efficient comfortable daily.....Passat/Jetta, Fusion or ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need fuel efficient comfortable daily.....Passat/Jetta, Fusion or ??

Anyone here own one and can tell me a little about the differences in the year models, and the pros and cons of this car?

I'm looking for a comfortable and fun to drive daily (leather, fully loaded, etc) that gets good fuel mileage for less that $10k. My budget limits my options obv, but right now it's between a 2006-2009 Passat, Jetta, and a Fusion.

06-07 honda accord

Comment

I drove an 06 Fusion for a few years. Bought it new. Overall a good car. Had it about 60k miles. I'd get another one for a daily if I could.

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
        06-07 honda accord
        Don't know why I didn't think about an Accord. I like the 08 models, but only higher mileage or salvage title 08's fit into my budget.

Comment

Love my 06 jetta tdi. gets 35-42 mpg. But for how much they cost and the mileage they already have It would be better to buy a new one unless you find a smoking deal on one. Most are around 9-10k with over 100k+ miles.

Comment

Originally posted by Buick355 View Post
            Don't know why I didn't think about an Accord. I like the 08 models, but only higher mileage or salvage title 08's fit into my budget.
            Yeah that generation was just terrible. Looked horrible and you would clearly tell that is when Honda started slipping in quality (until '13 where they look to have their act back together).

The 06-07 Accords were awesome cars all around. Especially if you can find a v6 sedan with the 6 speed manual.

Comment

Only a woman would drive a Jetta.

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
                Yeah that generation was just terrible. Looked horrible and you would clearly tell that is when Honda started slipping in quality (until '13 where they look to have their act back together).

The 06-07 Accords were awesome cars all around. Especially if you can find a v6 sedan with the 6 speed manual.
                Well crap. I actually like the way the 08's look, but the quality went to shit? That's the only reason I would pick an Honda over a VW, quality and easier and less expensive repairs.

Comment

I had an 09 Fusion, loaded with the sport package. Good car, great gas mileage, but I wouldn't call it fun.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                    Yeah, they do look a bit feminine. The Passat is little less girly, but not much.

Comment

Originally posted by Buick355 View Post
                      Well crap. I actually like the way the 08's look, but the quality went to shit? That's the only reason I would pick an Honda over a VW, quality and easier and less expensive repairs.
                      They are still decent cars, I'd buy one over a Ford or VW thats for sure, but the previous model prior to the 08-12 was just a better car overall.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                        Hollywoooooooooooooooooooooooood

I only remember that because I posted about telling a friend that drove one they were girl cars and he called me out on it.

Comment

Look into the Kias and Hyundais. They have recently really stepped up their game, yet have not reached the higher prices of Toyotas, Hondas, etc. I'm actually buying a '13 Kia Forte 6spd today. Nice car, but if you're looking for luxury/fun, I'd look into a higher model for sure, lol.
                          Originally posted by Buzzo
                          Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Id get a VW CC before a Jetta. My dad just picked up a 2011 CC sport package with a peppy little 2.0 turbo. Really nice car and gets about 29-32 mpg highway driving and 25ish city.
                            95 Lightning #1155/2280 - SOLD
                            93 Coupe - SOLD
                            13 5.0 F150 RCSB -DD
                            86 LX hatch - current money pit

Comment

Originally posted by AIFOX View Post
                              Id get a VW CC before a Jetta. My dad just picked up a 2011 CC sport package with a peppy little 2.0 turbo. Really nice car and gets about 29-32 mpg highway driving and 25ish city.
                              I'd rather have a CC also, but they're outside of my $10k budget.

Comment

Working...
                              X