Gas Monkey on Reddit 11/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Monkey on Reddit 11/18

Dick and Aaron from Ass Monkey are doing an AMA (ask me anything) on Reddit Nov. 18 at 5pm, figured I'd give those interested in heckling a heads up.
    "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

I'm not a fan of their work, but I am a fan of the show. I'd drink a few beers with them, they seem like fun guys.

Comment

Yeah I've watched it as well and it's better than I thought it would be.

Comment

I don't understand some peoples hang up with this show on here. It's better than half of the shit on TV these days, it's about cars, and it's in Texas. I don't watch it religiously or DVR it or anything but if I catch it when it's on I will watch it. It really isn't bad at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
          I don't understand some peoples hang up with this show on here. It's better than half of the shit on TV these days, it's about cars, and it's in Texas. I don't watch it religiously or DVR it or anything but if I catch it when it's on I will watch it. It really isn't bad at all.
          Pack mentality, one person said it sucked, now the whole site thinks it sucks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
          THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

If you'd ever met Richard or seen him lie about cars he's "built" you'd understand.

Comment

I remember several of the guys on here talking some shit about them not too long ago, hence why I posted this.

I've seen the show here and there, and while I can't really stand Richard, the show's not that bad. Like stated, I don't watch it religiously or DVR it or anything, but if there's nothing better on, I'll watch an ep or two.
              "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                If you'd ever met Richard or seen him lie about cars he's "built" you'd understand.
                Well from my perspective it really doesn't look like he does anything anyways as far as the cars. He's more of the host that you have to put up with. All of the staged negotiating you can tell is just that. I just enjoy Aarons work and the outcome.

Comment

I've met the guy, he's a douche. But I still watch his show if I happen to catch it one evening.

Comment

It's entertaining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    2008 550i
                    2007 ZX-14
                    2007 Lincoln Mark LT
                    2006 GSX-R1300 for sale (make offer)
                    2002 RC-51 for sale ($1500 needs new tank)
                    1995 Terminated SN95

Comment

Just another scripted "reality" show, the same as "professional" wrestling. I despise them all.

Stevo
                      Originally posted by SSMAN
                      ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

I don't get where people think Aaron is a good fabricator. He's a fucking Minitrucker hack.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                          Just another scripted "reality" show, the same as "professional" wrestling. I despise them all.

Stevo
                          I've never seen this show, but a I really hate scripted "reality" shows. A collection of Youtube videos involving people doing stupid stuff in reality is better.
                          Either way, I like to look at cars. If it's a cool build, I'm interested!
                          Originally posted by Buzzo
                          Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

People hate him because he bought a few cars and claimed he did the work to them when he hadn't.

Comment

I like the show and watch it every week. That being said Richard is still annoying. Their work has improved since the first season though and Aaron seems like a cool dude. Looks like he does some good work too when Richard is letting him do what he wants to do.
                              Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Working...
                              X