Data packages & shared plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data packages & shared plans

I have Verizon (can't say a single bad thing about them, they are great), and for my wife & I, it's $230/mo after tax for unlimited cell to cell, 1400 landline calls, 10 friends & family (unlimited), 2 GB each for data.

Verizon called & offered to update my plan to 4 GB shared (i use .9, she uses her entire 2GB allotment currently), unlimited calling, wireless hotspot capabilities (if I had to use my laptop or ipad somewhere that didn't otherwise have free wireless) for a SAVINGS of $29/mo. I can buy 2GB more for $10/mo (sold in 2GB bundles, $10/mo/per).

What am I missing? Where's the gotcha? Surely they have a motive for this, I didn't call THEM asking for discounts. It's not a renewal, best I can recall.

What are your experiences?

I don't game, don't do much of anything except work emails, text & call.
    Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Scam? Did they ask you for any personal information?
    Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
    Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
    Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
    You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

No, it was definitely Verizon calling.
      Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

Verizon knows all too well that charging for minutes and texts is an outdated business model. You aren't missing anything, it's a better plan in your case. The only people that lose are the ones grandfathered in on an "unlimited" plan that aren't planning on changing devices or using tether services.

In case you didn't know there are free services you can use for voice and texts, without using the Verizon offered programs but through their data network. Instead of fighting them they are just giving you their service for free and charging for the data.

Comment

You are on an old plan. Also they are still raping you. Switch to their share plan. Unlimited text/calls with 2gb for $100 per month. Can up it in 2gb increments for $10 more per month.

I think my bill is $130 a month with 4gb and towing and service warranties. I can add as many phones as I like to it.
          Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

damn I have 3 iphones and rhymm on VZW and have the unlimited voice and text and 2gb shared but I pay the same as you with more phones.

Comment

I thought we were getting screwed, but we have 4 phones, all with unlimited data, texting, etc...and share 2gb of data and our bill is only around $200/month. (with VZN)
              Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
              Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
              Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
              You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Also note that Verizon will let you retroactively change to a bigger account once if you blow the data limit out of the water. I'm at over 7 gigs on my 8 gig account right now

Comment

it works, and its super easy.

Comment

I am just glad i am grandfathered for unlimited data for $30 a month

Comment

T-Mobile for the win! $90 a month two phones unlimited everything.

Comment

Originally posted by 01vnms4v View Post

Dont renew, or your screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by 01vnms4v View Post
                          Good luck ever getting a new phone.

We have call lists at work periodically, they're usually lists of people in the area of our store that are due for upgrades, qualified for certain promotions, etc. We're supposed to call every one of them(I have a list over 300 right now, yeah, that's not going to happen.) I usually just say I called them because I don't see a point in calling to bug people. If they're interested in getting a new phone they'll come see us.

Comment

Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
                            Me too, and I get a new one every 18 months.
                            sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                            17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                            13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                            86 SVO - Sold
                            '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                            01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                            65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post

We have call lists at work periodically, they're usually lists of people in the area of our store that are due for upgrades, qualified for certain promotions, etc. We're supposed to call every one of them(I have a list over 300 right now, yeah, that's not going to happen.) I usually just say I called them because I don't see a point in calling to bug people. If they're interested in getting a new phone they'll come see us.
                              I was under the impression that if one does not subsidize their phone - the contract can't be voided.

Either way, frankly to buy a new phone is not cost effective to just doing a shared plan in my opinion. I have 10 or 15GB plan and it's plenty sufficient. Even when I was traveling 100%, tethered probably 14 hours a day I'd use 8-9 in a month.

Of course, I was not doing my large downloads via that either.
                              Originally posted by MR EDD
                              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
                              X