Question about uninsured motorist.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about uninsured motorist.

Someone backed into my truck left the scene and caused about 1K of damage. I called my insurance and they said i need to fill out a crash report and send it in to get the uninsured motorist deductible. My question is since this is a crash report does this go on my mvr as a crash? Keeping a clean driving record with no history of accidents is worth more to me than saving 250 on a deductible. Anybody familiar with insurance care to explain why i need a crash report?

PM GE, he knows all that shit.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

When I got hit by an under-aged. no insured fucker, it did not go on my record. The accident was not your fault, similar to filing a claim for hail damage.

Comment

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
        My question is since this is a crash report does this go on my mvr as a crash? ?
        Its a collision accident which looks bad (regardless of fault) on your insurance. It may not have a direct impact now, but if you switch insurance carriers, they'll see it. I don't know if I'd file a claim for such "little" damage.
        Last edited by A_A_G; 05-14-2013, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Was it a bronco? Black male, late 20s??

Comment

It should not impact your driving record, but it impacted my rates when it happened to me.

Comment

PICS?? My buddy does side work if you want to see about going that way

Comment

I was rear ended by a semi and somehow it increased my rates.
                I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

How would an accident involving an unoccupied vehicle go on you record?

Comment

Truck is already in the shop. Have heard about people getting accident listed on the mvr reports regardless of fault. Not sure if its true but I don't want anything on my mvr

Comment

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
                      Truck is already in the shop. Have heard about people getting accident listed on the mvr reports regardless of fault. Not sure if its true but I don't want anything on my mvr

By "MVR" do you mean driver's license, or on the vehicle CarFax?

Comment

Working...
                      X