Why is it so difficult?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is it so difficult?

Why is it so difficult to find the vehicle that you WANT? I've been looking for a few months now for a particular vehicle with particular options. I know it's out there somewhere, I just can't seem to find the damn thing. I don't want to have to "settle" for something close. Anyone else ever have this problem?
    "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

I see the cars I want every where when I'm not looking for them. As soon as I am car shopping, the well is dry.

Comment

I know the feeling all too well... my criteria set is always super strict... it's annoying... I'll look for months and months to find something

thankfully? lately I've been trying to just keep cash freed up for getting into a house, so the past 4-5 vehicle purchases I've made this year have been purely financial decisions... I don't get my "dream" vehicle, but I get much better deals on them! LOL
      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

wait- it will be worth it.

Comment

I had to fly to Denver for my Fox body...

Comment

I've been looking for a new family truckster. I feel your pain.

Stevo
            Originally posted by SSMAN
            ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

I settled for what was on the lot when I bought my 08 Sierra- in part because the salesman told me the 0% financing was ending that day(march 31st). He told me that if I wanted the 0%, it had to be on the lot that day.

Of course I sign for it and wakeup the next morning to commercials saying the 0% had been extended for another month.

He also told me I'd love the flip up seat instead of the console that I had in my previous 2 trucks. I want my console back...

<--- will not settle again

Comment

What are you trying to find? Half of the fun of a new car for me is modding it to the way I want it...

Comment

Originally posted by clevelandkid View Post
                  What are you trying to find? Half of the fun of a new car for me is modding it to the way I want it...
                  92-96 F-150 reg cab
                  Flareside Bed
                  4.9l 5speed
                  loaded
                  no dents/dings
                  color: out-blue, black, or dk green
                  in-anything not blue or rape red
                  mileage under 200k
                  working A/C
                  NOT priced 3 times KBB....

Sounds like a simpe enough combo....but it's not.
                  "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Yeah, thats going to be tough... Autotrader is only showing 12 trucks in the country with a manual V8 and the 3 colors you listed.

This is prob. the closest match, but its the ext cab...

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

Comment

I wasn't even being super picky on what I wanted in my corvette and it still took several months and I ended up getting it out of Wisconsin.

Comment

Originally posted by clevelandkid View Post
                        Yeah, thats going to be tough... Autotrader is only showing 12 trucks in the country with a manual V8 and the 3 colors you listed.

This is prob. the closest match, but its the ext cab...

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
                        The engine he's looking for is the inline 6 cyl.

To the OP, these trucks have a following, the nice ones with low miles ain't cheap. Only suggestion I have is to open up some on your criteria, either colors or buy a project. It wouldnt cost much to rebuild one of these into a nice truck, if you find one cheap enough.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                          I see the cars I want every where when I'm not looking for them. As soon as I am car shopping, the well is dry.
                          that happens to me but with women! i can only imagine how a married guy feels! haha...

Comment

Lute Riley Honda, Lute Riley Honda, Lute Riley Honda (YEAH!)
                            Has the car that you want.
                            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
                              Lute Riley Honda, Lute Riley Honda, Lute Riley Honda (YEAH!)
                              Has the car that you want.
                              uh...no they don't.

Comment

Working...
                              X