five children killed in wreck on I-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• five children killed in wreck on I-20

Five children killed when the SUV flipped on I-20. There were 12 people in the SUV, a GMC Envoy, only two people wearing seat belts. And before anyone asks, yes, they were mexicans.

VAN ZANDT COUNTY, TX (KLTV) -

Five children are dead, and five other people are injured following a fatal rollover crash near the I-20 exit ramp at FM 16, and the driver of the vehicle could potentially face five criminal charges.

Around 2:15 Monday afternoon, Champion EMS and multiple helicopters were dispatched to an exit ramp near I-20 and FM 16 in Van Zandt County, to tend to multiple injured persons.

DPS officials say a hunter green GMC Envoy blew a tire and rolled-off the interstate, nearly to the frontage road, before coming to a rest upside-down.

Nine people inside the vehicle were ejected in the crash.

The names of the children who died and the driver of the vehicle were released early Tuesday morning. According to DPS, the driver of the vehicle was Federico Esquivel Acuna. 13-year-old Rosbelia Jaimes, 7-year-old Omar Jaimes, 6-year-old Saideth Acuna, 3-year-old Yuliza Acuna, and 2-year-old Judith Jaimes were all killed in the accident.

There were four other children in the vehicle. A 15-year-old girl who was not injured and three boys ages 10, nine and five-years-old. A third child remains in critical condition at Children's Medical Center in Dallas.

Two other children were transported to Children's in Dallas, and have been treated and released.

The two other adults in the vehicle were 34-year-old Estela Acuna, wife of Federico Acuna and her sister 24-year-old Elida Jaimes. Both were transported to ETMC in Tyler.

The driver of the vehicle and the 15-year-old girl were the only ones wearing seatbelts. They were not injured.

No charges have been filed because of the ongoing investigation, but Federico Acuna potentially faces five counts of negligent homicide.

Officials say the occupants of the vehicle were traveling from Marshall to Canton to visit Splash Kingdom.

There were 12 total people in the SUV at the time of the crash; all of the occupants were related. Officials say the vehicle did have a third row for seating, which according to the GMC Envoy owner's manual, would allow for 7 properly-restrained occupants.

An account has been set up at Citizens National Bank in Marshall to help with funeral costs for the families of the victims.

Marshall ISD released the following statement on their students' death:

Marshall Independent School District is deeply saddened by the news from Monday afternoon. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family members and our district staff who have been deeply affected by this tragedy. It is at this time we would also like to be respectful of the privacy of family and friends as they go through this time of grief.

Rosbelia was an eighth grade student, Omar was a third grade student, and Saideth was a first grade student at Marshall ISD.
    Stevo
    Originally posted by SSMAN
    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Warning: Keep the racial comments out.

10 people in that SUV?!
    Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
      How about simply "fucking idiots"?

Sad to see that the kids paid the price for negligent parenting.

Comment

10 people in that SUV?!
        No, 12.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post

Sad to see that the kids paid the price for negligent parenting.
          That's fine

No, 12.

Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

No, 12.
            how else are you gonna haul your wife, kids and sister?
            Originally posted by PGreenCobra
            I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
            Originally posted by Trip McNeely
            Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
            dont downshift!!
            Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

It was 12 people AND two coolers? Wha fuck?? How do you even DO that? I drive a similar sized SUV & I can't even imagine how that would happen.
              sigpic

Comment

because that is not racist at all, duh. gotta keep it real in here when talking about dead children

Comment

Originally posted by grove rat View Post
                  because that is not racist at all, duh. gotta keep it real in here when talking about dead children
                  Don't worry, I kept it real.

Comment

10 people in that SUV?!
                    Well, maybe I shouldn't go back and edit it to say that the driver and one passenger were illegal mexicans, and that most of the children were anchor babies? Some people might consider that racist, but it is the actual facts.

Stevo
                    Originally posted by SSMAN
                    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

the only actual fact is that you are a real piece of shit for talking about 5 kids that died

how cool do you think you are by talking about 5 children that are now dead? this is not even talking shit, i really wanna know how 5 kids dying is funny or amusing to you?

Comment

It's not funny or amusing to me, but I also have no sympathy to give.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                          Well, maybe I shouldn't go back and edit it to say that the driver and one passenger were illegal mexicans, and that most of the children were anchor babies? Some people might consider that racist, but it is the actual facts.

Stevo
                          Is that actually the truth?
                          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

How do you get that many people in one of those????

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
                              How do you get that many people in one of those????
                              Mexicans go to clown school. Didn't you know that?
                              How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Working...
                              X