Is it hard to get a home loan now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it hard to get a home loan now?

Guy at work said you gotta bring 20% down these days to get approved now- any truth to that?

Depends on a lot of factors. A VA loan doesnt require any money down. You should contact SVT Lurch and see what your options are..

Comment

Depends on credit history, income to debt ratio, and approximately a billion other factors.

I bought a house last year with 5% down and was approved for both Conventional and VA Financing, so it is possible to buy without 20% down. In most cases you will have to pay PMI tho.
      - Darrell

1993 LX - Reef Blue R331ci
      1993 Cobra #199 - SOLD

Comment

depends on your financial situation.

Yo dont need 20% to get the loan, but you do need it to avoid PMI. For me, PMI was negigible so i didnt worry about it.

Comment

I just got a home loan with a 640 middle credit score going USDA you need nothing down and you don't have to pay mortgage insurance because the loan is 100% guaranteed. The only draw back is that USDA is only offered in rural areas.

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
            I just got a home loan with a 640 middle credit score going USDA you need nothing down and you don't have to pay mortgage insurance because the loan is 100% guaranteed. The only draw back is that USDA is only offered in rural areas.
            and has certain income requirements..

Comment

I did a FHA loan just last week. 3.5% down and 3.25% interest rate. It's not hard to get the loan it's just a long process. They want to know everything!
              Last edited by 2011GT; 08-04-2012, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Ask about a USDA loan, 100% finacing, low closing cost. But there are some restrictions
                True Street MotorSports
                901 N McDonald St Suite 100
                McKinney TX 75069

Shop 972.542.9886
                Fax 972. 542.9879

Nitrous Refills $4lb

Comment

PM SVTLurch, he's the guru on home loans, he'll hook you up with all the answers you need.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
                    PM SVTLurch, he's the guru on home loans, he'll hook you up with all the answers you need.
                    Agreed
                    True Street MotorSports
                    901 N McDonald St Suite 100
                    McKinney TX 75069

Shop 972.542.9886
                    Fax 972. 542.9879

Nitrous Refills $4lb

Comment

Just got approved for a 3.45% conventional loan of $238,000 with 5% down. It was not difficult.

Comment

Did a VA 6 months ago, it takes a tad longer and they do seem to ask a lot more questions. IMHO, it's more hoops to jump through to eliminate people that should have been eliminated for loans 10-15 years ago.

In other words, if you can afford the loan - you'll get it.
                        Originally posted by MR EDD
                        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Is there a legit place we can go online to submit an app to see what we could get pre-approved for?

Comment

Originally posted by white trash wagon View Post
                            Just got approved for a 3.45% conventional loan of $238,000 with 5% down. It was not difficult.
                            Conventional are 20% down right now, how did you swing that ? We just did an investment property on a conventional and it was 25% down . It was easy to qualify, but It was a huge PITA to get the paperwork done, and I have an 800 credit score...
                            I took a couple grand out of savings to take to the Pate swap meet while this was going on. Took it out on friday, didn't buy anything at the meet and put most of it back on the following monday. I had to write an affidavit where that money came from.. It was crazy
                            Last edited by dcs13; 08-05-2012, 04:27 PM. Reason: added

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                              Conventional are 20% down right now, how did you swing that ? We just did an investment property on a conventional and it was 25% down . It was a huge PITA to get the mortgage done, and I have an 800 credit score...
                              You've gotten some bad info/advice. PM SVTLurch (Trey) and he will help you out. He's a great guy and is knows his stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X