Liquor thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liquor thread

Not a big drinker; nor do I know much about it. I been lookIng for good sippers in different "genres". The only one I have some experience with is rum and vodka. I enjoy sailor jerry's. As far as vodka, I'm enjoying tito's. Very smooth! Then again, the only other vodkas I've had was svedka. What do y'all recommend and/or drink regularly?
    Scotch
    Bourbon
    Vodka
    Tequila
    Rum
    Gin
    Etc.

Don't care for mixed drinks (outside of vodka tonics). Like to sit back, play a video game and sip on a good drink on the rocks. Again, I've only sipped on sailor jerry rum and svedka vodka with tonic (till this tito's tonight. My new fav!) what is yalls pick o' poison?

Scotch neat.
    Bourbon / rye on light rocks
    Vodka gimlet (1.5oz vodka, 0.5oz lime juice)

That's about it for me.

Comment

Manhattan with knob creek. Chilled, with a slight drizzle of the cherry juice from the maraschino cherry tray. Never allow them to talk you into grenadine unless you enjoy the taste of water that has passed through galvanized pipes.

Mint Julep with Maker's Mark.

Comment

Woodford Reserve on the rocks. Cherry Coke on the side.

Comment

+

=
          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
            Manhattan with knob creek. Chilled, with a slight drizzle of the cherry juice from the maraschino cherry tray. Never allow them to talk you into grenadine unless you enjoy the taste of water that has passed through galvanized pipes.

Mint Julep with Maker's Mark.
            I prefer my manhattan with Makers.
            Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

I prefer my manhattan with Basil Hayden's

My all night drinking at a bar drink is root beer vodka with diet coke. Or just vodka and club soda. For vodkas, I don't mind a mid grade well or call. However I prefer deep eddy, titos, Russian standard, monopolova. I'm not a big fan of Smirnoff, grey goose, or belvedere. They taste "oily" to me.

If I'm just out for a few drinks, at a nicer establishment, say with dinner, typically it's a premium bourbon and ginger ale or with a splash of water of they don't have real ginger ale.

If I'm somewhere pricey say 10 bucks a drink or higher, it's wild turkey and diet coke.

I have yet to really get into scotch, but I did have some belvenie that don had, and I was impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                Woodford Reserve on the rocks. Cherry Coke on the side.
                I have a bottle of this in my room at the moment. I've only had it with a pepsi max though (it was super cheap lol) and it was ok.

I'm not up to the level of drinking whiskey by itself when not a shot.
                2012 Competition Orange BOSS 302
                www.militarystangs.com

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                  Scotch neat.
                  Bourbon / rye on light rocks
                  Vodka gimlet (1.5oz vodka, 0.5oz lime juice)

That's about it for me.
                  Actually had my first gimlet tonight. mixed 1.5 ounces v and 1 oz line juice. I was excited but it was a bit too tart. I may try less lime like you.

Personally, im strictly a vodka man. Been on deep Eddy kick for about a year. Titos before that.
                  DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Oh, my drink of choice is 50/50 vodka tonic. although right now it's 'rita.
                    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

#momshouse... Love San Antonio
                      DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Nice backyard.

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                          #momshouse... Love San Antonio
                          I'm digging the tiki man glass.
                          Originally posted by Jester
                          Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                          He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                          Originally posted by Denny
                          What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                          FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Nice yard!!
                            Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Ya... U bastard! My grass (just found out today) that half my back hard is dead. Sum bitch!!!! Just when I get the weeds under control, it dies.

Comment

Working...
                              X