And Let the Water Restrictions Begin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And Let the Water Restrictions Begin.

I guess I don't have to worry about having a yard this year. Our town just passed new water restrictions banning sprinklers. They are dividing the town into 6 sections and assigning a day to each one where you are allowed to hand water from 6pm-8pm and that is it for the week. Also if you use more than 10k gallons in a month the price jumps from $3.90 for 1k gallons to $20 per 1k gallons.

I plan on going redneck and sitting out in the yard with a lawn chair and a 6 pack and the grill going once a week.

What kind of restrictions is DFW looking at?

Holy shit! Seriously?
    Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
    Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
    Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
    You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Take a shower on your front lawn!! Switch from front yard to back yard every day.

Comment

Look in the home improvement forum where I posted this was going to happen a few months back. The real problem is how new construction is going to handle erosion control. It's not going top change anytime soon either unless we get some monsoons.

Comment

People water too much anyway. Lawns are one of the biggest scams going.

I did see an interesting article the other day on the DMN where a guy had rigged up his shower/bath drain to water his garden.
          When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Hell we've been a t stage 3 out here in Sachse for about 6 months now. Only being able to water 1 day every two weeks for 4 hours. Sucks balls !!
            Vortex rear stand $75
            8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
            My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
            but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
            11 4 door
            13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

we have been in stage 3 water conservation since november.... despite lewisville being nearly full again.

there was a lot of crap but the three that effect me:
              • Limit landscape watering with sprinklers or irrigation systems between November 1 and March 31 to once every two weeks. Exception: Foundations, shrubs, and trees may be watered up to two hours any day by hand-held hose, a soaker hose, or a dedicated zone using drip irrigation systems.
              • Prohibit washing or rinsing of vehicles by hose unless using a shut-off nozzle.
              • Prohibit using water in such a manner as to allow runoff or other waste.
              www.hppmotorsports.com
              ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

I like to ride my bike in the evenings and riding through different neighborhoods you can tell lots of people already said screw it, everywhere you look there are $200k+ house with weeds growing like crazy and the yards looking like junk. I've got one circuit on my sprinkler system that needs repairs that I can put off for another year now.

Last year we were at 2 days a week with a sprinkler system at specified times based on address and no washing cars in the driveway.

Comment

Interesting, I don't see any restrictions for Grayson County at this time.
                  Originally posted by MR EDD
                  U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I'd gravel over the yard from one property line to the other, add a cactus or two and maybe a trailer-park flamingo.

Stevo
                    Originally posted by SSMAN
                    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

This isn't new...just hitting more areas. It's probably gonna be all year and you better believe if I catch you breaking it I'm calling your ass in. Luckily lavon has covered a little.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                        This isn't new...just hitting more areas. It's probably gonna be all year and you better believe if I catch you breaking it I'm calling your ass in. Luckily lavon has covered a little.

Stevo
                        Originally posted by SSMAN
                        ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

You can get a 6k fine out here where I live if caught watering 1) wrong time of day 2) wrong day 3) having excessive run off. 2k per violation.
                          Vortex rear stand $75
                          8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                          My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                          but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                          11 4 door
                          13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Where ya live?
                            Originally posted by MR EDD
                            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Shit, I just bought a new mower I won't get to use!

Comment

Working...
                              X