Daily pitbull attack thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily pitbull attack thread

It's been hours since we've had one of these...

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/...t-1316826.html

DAYTON — Two people were transported to a nearby hospital — one with severe wounds — following a pit bull attack on George Street on Sunday afternoon.

The dog, according to authorities, is a male pit bull about 6 years old and between 50 and 60 pounds. It became spooked and turned aggressive during a family argument.

“I’ve done this job for close to 20 years,” said Officer Steve Hurd of the Animal Resource Center. “Any dog in a situation where there’s a lot of loud noise and people are gesturing and so forth ... it has a tendency to ramp that dog up.”
    The dog was led from the house at 41 George St. by ARC officials and police. It was taken to the ARC and will be quarantined for 10 days, Hurd said. After that, the owner will be consulted about the dog’s fate.
    Of the two people transported to the hospital, the owner of the dog was most seriously injured. Her identity was not released Sunday, but police said she is a white female about 24 years old. Her wounds include bites to her leg, abdomen and arms.

She was to undergo surgery, according to Dayton police.
    This could have very quickly (become) a fatal bite if it was a little bit deeper,” said Sgt. Donald Burden, of the Dayton police. “It could have possibly opened up an artery and (the victim) could have bled to death very quickly.”

Keisha Stroud, who identified herself as the sister of the dog’s owner, said she felt responsible for the attack because she said she played a role in the family dispute Sunday afternoon. In addition to the two sisters, Stroud said her 3-year-old niece, mother and a roommate also were in the house at the time of the attack.

Stroud said the dog had never acted like it did on Sunday.
    “It bit her all over, tore her up from head to toe,” Stroud said while in tears. “We’ve had that dog since he was a puppy. We always wanted to keep him in the house for protection.”

But my dog would never attack someone...

Comment

pics of 24yo!

Comment

Slow news day.....

Comment

She probably refused to make the dog a sammich.

Comment

I survived another night with my killer pitbull in my room. Thank the lord!

Comment

Video segment on here... the sister is a wildebeest - so I'm sure the 24 yo is hideous too.

http://m.daytonsnewssource.com/news/...ll_Attacks_Her

Comment

Strange that, for a change, the dog attacked the owner.

Comment

The dog was sick of the PMS?
                  2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
                  2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
                  2012 Ford Edge

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                    Strange that, for a change, the dog attacked the owner.
                    really not that strange, but always the best outcome
                    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Can't trust (most of) 'em.

Comment

This one seems a bit silly to use as your typical "your pit is a baby killer" argument. Just about any dog I have been around gets stressed when there is arguing and people screaming at each other.
                        Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                        Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                          This one seems a bit silly to use as your typical "your pit is a baby killer" argument. Just about any dog I have been around gets stressed when there is arguing and people screaming at each other.
                          When I start beating my old lady, my dogs just hide in the closet.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                            my dog lays on my wife's lap... but he's not a pit bull
                            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                              my dog lays on my wife's lap... but he's not a pit bull
                              I had a Boston Terrier / Lab mix that would bark and "playful" bite you. I say playful because she honestly looked confused and didn't know if she should bite or play.. She was a goofy as shit dog though.....
                              Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                              Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Working...
                              X