No announcement yet.

Checking interest on a blown 99 Cobra.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checking interest on a blown 99 Cobra.

I have a client that has fallen in love with the 2011+ Mustangs and is kinda thinking of selling his 99 Cobra to get one. It depends on what he may be able to get for his car. I told him I thought it was worth 15-16K but would like ya'lls opinion if he could get that for it.

So here is the breakdown:
    Black on tan 99 Cobra with the 01 rear bumper. He is the second owner and his brother was the first. Car is near flawless, no paint blemishes or dings anywhere. I think it has around 65k on it, maybe a little more.
    We put an 03/04 Eaton setup on it earlier this year. Blue top injectors and a CAI. I just installed a GT Supercar pump in it yesterday and its gonna get retuned at Gearheads. It was dyno tuned at Gearheads and with the stock pulley it made 426rwhp but was running out of pump. Should do better now.
    I installed delrin lower bushings a few months ago and a Billetflow diff cover brace and the 03/04 pumpkin brace. Also has some off brand full length subframe connectors. Hurst short throw I installed around June and an aluminum expansion tank. Has a wideband and boost gauge on the pillar.
    Last night I also custom painted the calipers and installed new ceramic pads and some new rotors. It also has 4.10 gears.

Car runs excellent and the leather is flawless.
    Clutch does not slip but its the stock clutch and its starting to chatter so a new clutch will be needed soonish.

So is the car worth 16K?

Here are a couple pics, sorry its a bit dirty now.

Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

4k max.
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

10,000 probably
      Originally posted by Nash B.
      Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Looks like a nice car. The only problem with charging $16 k is that is getting into the realm of an 03/04 cobra and I think a buyer would perfer the termi

Comment

I would say $10k all day long, $12k if he waits until after xmas, and $14k if the right buyer gets froggy with a tax return check.

Comment

Guess I was too optomistic telling him maybe 15K. Ive done soo much to the car I let it cloud my judgement and thought it was worth more knowing how much hes spent on it this last year. LOL.

At 12k I will suggest he just keep it. Car is fast, very fast and it sounds insaine. Love the blower whine.
            Hes a retired cop and was wanting to have more room and comfort but I dont think he would want to sell the car for that cheap.

Oh well, thanks for the input guys,
            Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

I'd give 'bout tree fiddy.

Comment

12k, max.

Comment

let me know if he wants to swap tail lights first..

Comment

I'll say, with the current lending standards and lack of cash buyers, he will be happy with $10-11k. I know a couple people who have scored some stupid cheap vehicles in the last two months, now is definitely not the time to be selling. I'd wait till march.

Comment

9 grand at best. 99 is the worst possible year Cobra to buy.

Comment

10k is the max....that is a basic set up...nothing really stands out about it IMO. But nice car!
                        Originally posted by Da Prez
                        Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                        Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

No more than 10k and you will get lower offers more than likely.

It's a tough time to sell car's right now.

Comment

$16k gets you an 03/04 Cobra with similar miles. $13k max imo and that's IF he finds the right buyer.

Comment

8-10k. and 10k is pushing it in my opinion.
                              07 f250-family truckster
                              08 Denali -baby hauler
                              52 f1-rust bucket
                              05 Jeep tj. Buggy
                              livin the double-wide dream

Comment

Working...
                              X