Need advice on putting a freeze on my credit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice on putting a freeze on my credit

Long story short, I'm going through a nasty break-up with my ex-fiance and I want to take precaution with my credit since she may know some of my personal info. What's the best way to go about this? Thanks in advance.

Inform all of your creditors of what is going on. Change your passwords, logins, security questions, etc.

Comment

Pics of ex before advice

Comment

Originally posted by 94mstng94 View Post
        Inform all of your creditors of what is going on. Change your passwords, logins, security questions, etc.
        I've already changed my passwords and removed her as an authorized user on my credit card, canceled that card and had them reissue a new one, and removed her off my AT&T account.

The thing I'm worried about is I don't want her trying to open new accounts with my name, address, social security # (She knows the last 4 numbers for sure, not sure if she knows the entire number).

Comment

It's been a minute for me, but I'm pretty sure I got it rolling at the credit bureau websites, transunion, equifax, experian. Start there
          US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Contact the three credit bereaus and freeze your credit.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobie View Post
              It's been a minute for me, but I'm pretty sure I got it rolling at the credit bureau websites, transunion, equifax, experian. Start there
              Thanks, I'll do that

Comment

Buy a bunch of shit and don't pay for it, then when she tries to use your credit she can't. That'll learn her!
                Originally posted by Nash B.
                Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

I had pretty good luck with LifeLock. They will make it so the credit bureau's have to contact you personally to open an account. It's like $20 a month. They also can remove your name from credit card offers in the mail so you don't get all the annoying offers.....

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked98Snake View Post
                    Buy a bunch of shit and don't pay for it, then when she tries to use your credit she can't. That'll learn her!
                    Lolz

Originally posted by stock85 View Post
                    I had pretty good luck with LifeLock. They will make it so the credit bureau's have to contact you personally to open an account. It's like $20 a month. They also can remove your name from credit card offers in the mail so you don't get all the annoying offers.....
                    Ive heard mixed reviews with them...

Comment

lifelock is a ripoff...

just call ONE of the three credit bureaus and have them put a fraud flag on the account. they will report to the other two and they too will flag. you can call all three if you want.

then, when somebody tries to open a new line of credit with your information, they will call you to confirm with a secret password that you provide them.

I think the flag stays on for 3 months. You can put it back on later if you want.

You don't want to "freeze" your credit
                      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked98Snake View Post
                        Better yet buy a bunch purses and women things, sell them on dfwstangs then sue her for using your info and buying a bunch of shit.

Comment

Post your SSN and several of us can monitor it for you. It's like a carfax, ask and ye shall receive!

Comment

Buy a bunch of discounted iPads in McDonalds parking lots using your credit card and blame it on her.
                            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                              post your ssn and several of us can monitor it for you. It's like a carfax, ask and ye shall receive!
                              281-330-8004

Comment

Working...
                              X