Joe Pool ?'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Pool ?'s

So what's everyone's take on this lake? Just bought me a new toy at Lynn Creek and was wondering what's the best night/nights to be out on the water? I've been out once and I must say, the sail boat is a total panty dropper.

[IMG][/IMG]
    The richest man in Babylon

It's hit and miss. I think the Oasis still has live bands on Friday nights during the summer out on the deck. That's your best bet.

Comment

I stopped in there for a few beers. It's a little pricey but slip owners get a 10% discount so that was cool. I'm thinking of having the boat moved to ray hubbard. I really don't like that lake though, too many idiots with dad's money on boats they can't control. Just more to do than Joe Pool I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by trblshooter View Post
        I stopped in there for a few beers. It's a little pricey but slip owners get a 10% discount so that was cool. I'm thinking of having the boat moved to ray hubbard. I really don't like that lake though, too many idiots with dad's money on boats they can't control. Just more to do than Joe Pool I suppose.
        Joe Pool will have more of a laid back atmosphere. If you want the party, then Lewisville is where to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
          Joe Pool will have more of a laid back atmosphere. If you want the party, then Lewisville is where to go.
          I'm all about the wind...Joe Pool seems to have a nice south wind. I'm curious and a little anxious to get the boat out in 30+ knts and see how far she'll list.

Comment

I've been out on a sail boat a couple of times with a friend at Joe Pool. He said there is plenty of good opportunity out there.

Comment

I suspect you'll have more wind at Hubbard, along with more crowds and stumps.

Comment

Fuck those stumps. You might get those anywhere with all this heat.

Comment

I learned to sail on ray hubbard...there's just no love for sail boats on that lake. Even the slips at Primos or the harbor aren't very sail boat friendly. A 28ft boat with a 10hp motor doesn't exactly turn on a dime.

Comment

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

My house almost touches Joe Pool and in 8 years I've probably been 3 times.

Comment

Are you on the GP side?

Comment

I don't remember my dad's 26' Westerly looking that small in the water, it has an inboard twin cylinder diesel.

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
                            I don't remember my dad's 26' Westerly looking that small in the water, it has an inboard twin cylinder diesel.
                            Oh my new one is a Chrysler 22'. I learned on a Buccaneer 28 that was in pretty bad shape. The new one is completely restored...I'm in love with it.

Comment

It's just like any of the other city lakes around. Full of dumb fucks on the weekends that don't know WTF they are doing. Doesn't seem to me that having a sail boat out there would be much fun no bigger than the lake is.
                              I guess just sailing along the lake might seem bigger, I know it only takes me about 5 minutes to get from Lyod park to the second bridge, well that's if I don't have to come off plane to avoid some jackass running in front of me.

Comment

Working...
                              X