New car suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New car suggestions

My wife hates her 2010 Fusion with a passion and has been wanting to get a new car. I've always been a Ford guy and to be honest I don't even pay attention to anything besides Ford so I don't even know what else is out there. She hates the Escapes, but doesn't mind the Edge. The only problem is I think the Edge is out of her price range. Plus she has a 65 mile commute each day. Her budget is around 25k, but less is always better and something that gets at least 25mpg on the highway is a must. I also get a discount with every manufactor because of my job so that will help on the final price. So if anyone has any suggestions please post them up.

4cyl Accord. We got my wife's 06 in Dec of 06 with like 7k miles on it (6 month lease return) for $19k

It just turned 100k miles. Nothing but normal fluid/filter maintenance. It will get 26-28mpg at 90-95mph! at 75 or so, it'll get 34mpg.

I'm a truck guy, but I LOVE her car... I can set the cruise control at 110mph, and it'll just go. No drama, awesome fuel mileage, etc. It's no race car, but it never feels underpowered... I can merge with traffic just fine, etc.
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Chrysler 200 or chevy cruze

Remember to support your fellow union members!

Comment

After doing some more research it looks like I get the best deal with nissan. Along with the supplier discount they also discount their transportation fee by half.

Comment

Just buy her an Escalade. You can afford it.....

Comment

Originally posted by 12second5.0 View Post
            Just buy her an Escalade. You can afford it.....
            Thats the problem.... She only gets what she can afford.

Comment

What doesn't she like about the Fusion? I drove a friend's a few times and I was really impressed.

I'm a big fan of Honda Accords. Peppy enough, good handling, solid, and good looking.

Comment

Don't be a cheap bastard, put your wife in a decent vehicle.
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

Originally posted by TENGRAM View Post
                  What doesn't she like about the Fusion? I drove a friend's a few times and I was really impressed.

I'm a big fan of Honda Accords. Peppy enough, good handling, solid, and good looking.
                  Her's has been a total piece of shit. A/C went out with 800 miles on it. Radio sucks ass and drops reception every 20 seconds, had problems with the brakes. Transmission is screwed up on it along with countless other things. The dealer and Ford refuse to fix anything and claim thats the way it is. All they did was offer us a 100k mile warranty free of charge.

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
                    Her's has been a total piece of shit. A/C went out with 800 miles on it. Radio sucks ass and drops reception every 20 seconds, had problems with the brakes. Transmission is screwed up on it along with countless other things. The dealer and Ford refuse to fix anything and claim thats the way it is. All they did was offer us a 100k mile warranty free of charge.
                    You have a warranty, but they won't fix it? How many miles are on it?

Comment

Originally posted by Muffrazr View Post
                      You have a warranty, but they won't fix it? How many miles are on it?
                      23k miles. Trust me its been in the shop at leat 7 or 8 times for days at a time since we got it. Each time we drop it off the dealer claims they know what the problem is and they will fix it. Each time they call us us back a few days later and claim they can't duplicate the problem or it's with in spec. Ford got involved and they are no help either they claim all our problems are design flaws and mentioned in small print so they only offered an extended warranty. The radio in the fusion and escapes are complete shit. They are designed to scan for a stronger signal every 15 to 20 seconds. If your listening closely you can hear the radio fade out only to recover about 3 seconds later. It's one of those things that you don't notice to someone points it out and than it drives you fucking nuts.

Comment

I can do an edge SE for about 25k.....
                        BEWARE OF PEREZ TRANSPORT LLC
                        BEWARE OF EXOTIC TRANSPORT
                        Fernando Perez
                        Alijandra Perez
                        Mesquite, Texas
                        214-680-1415

Comment

Look at 2008 Acura TL's. She will fucking love it and it gets decent gas mileage. I average 24-28 in the city.
                          Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                          Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                          Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                          You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Ford got involved and they are no help either they claim all our problems are design flaws and mentioned in small print so they only offered an extended warranty.
                            I don't really understand what you're trying to say, but you're here for new cars.

I agree with the Acura comments. However, if she likes the Edge, then check that out as well.

Comment

23k miles. Trust me its been in the shop at leat 7 or 8 times for days at a time since we got it. Each time we drop it off the dealer claims they know what the problem is and they will fix it. Each time they call us us back a few days later and claim they can't duplicate the problem or it's with in spec. Ford got involved and they are no help either they claim all our problems are design flaws and mentioned in small print so they only offered an extended warranty. The radio in the fusion and escapes are complete shit. They are designed to scan for a stronger signal every 15 to 20 seconds. If your listening closely you can hear the radio fade out only to recover about 3 seconds later. It's one of those things that you don't notice to someone points it out and than it drives you fucking nuts.
                              I rent Fusions and Escapes very,very frequently and have never had any of the problems you've described. Is this not a lemon law situation?
                              - Darrell

1993 LX - Reef Blue R331ci
                              1993 Cobra #199 - SOLD

Comment

Working...
                              X