Where can I get a pole spear locally?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
    Matt, I read the thread title and thought rabbits again.

Have fun on the trip.
    Ha! I could see me getting pruned out by MPD for that thing!

Pm me your office number.

Comment

So, I went down to Scuba Toys and bought the pole spear.

Now that I'm back home, I was looking on Overstock.com for a fishing net and this is what my search returns got me:

Comment

That cheese wiz trick is awesome. Need to try it next time I go diving. Scuba Toys rocks, I was there yesterday buying a new BC and regulator.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
          That cheese wiz trick is awesome. Need to try it next time I go diving. Scuba Toys rocks, I was there yesterday buying a new BC and regulator.
          You dropped some coin. It's been years since I was an active diver and that shot has gone up.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
            You dropped some coin. It's been years since I was an active diver and that shot has gone up.
            Yeah, they got me for $680. BC, Regulator set, dive computer, and dive skin. Sure beats $80 a day with rental equipment. I just got certified, just completed my open water dives last weekend. If you are interested in a refresher course, I have a hookup that will do it for free.

Comment

Yeah, they got me for $680. BC, Regulator set, dive computer, and dive skin. Sure beats $80 a day with rental equipment. I just got certified, just completed my open water dives last weekend. If you are interested in a refresher course, I have a hookup that will do it for free.
              That doesn't sound too bad. Some of the BCs I was looking at were almost $700.

Comment

Yeah, scuba pro and Zeagle are the most expensive. I went with the cheepo Areis A1 package. Have you ever been out to Clear Spring Scuba park in Terrell?

Comment

Yeah, scuba pro and Zeagle are the most expensive. I went with the cheepo Areis A1 package. Have you ever been out to Clear Spring Scuba park in Terrell?
                  Man, than Zeagle shit is high.

I have done no freshwater diving. I was PADI certified back in 1988 when I was stationed in Gitmo. My gear was Dacor.

Comment

Man, than Zeagle shit is high.

I have done no freshwater diving. I was PADI certified back in 1988 when I was stationed in Gitmo. My gear was Dacor.
                    Clear Spring is pretty sweet. Loads of Bass, Perch, Catfish, etc to look at. Then there are a few wrecks, visibility is around 25 feet, surface temps around 80 and the thermocline at 20 feet is basically 68*F. Definitely worth diving in.

Dacor gear seems like it was the top dog back in the 80's and 90's, but not so much anymore. Scubapro is considered to be the best, lifetime warranty and free parts for maintainence.

Comment

Word of advice - put a lanyard on the can. We were screwing around with a can of easy cheese at about 50' down and lost grip. That fucker took off for the surface so hard it probably became an ICBM of cheeze.

Comment

If you take care of the gear it'll last. I've got a zeagle ranger and it still looks brand new after a few hundred dives.

ScubaPro is the Bose of the diving market. They have a huge marketing arm and use it effectively. Their gear is average at best.
                        Last edited by Binky; 06-26-2011, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi View Post
                          If you take care of the gear it'll last. I've got a zeagle ranger and it still looks brand new after a few hundred dives.

ScubaPro is the Bose of the diving market. They have a huge marketing arm and use it effectively. Their gear is average at best.
                          Wow, I would say that you dive a lot. I just recently got my C card, but I intend on doing a bunch of diving.

Comment

Word of advice - put a lanyard on the can. We were screwing around with a can of easy cheese at about 50' down and lost grip. That fucker took off for the surface so hard it probably became an ICBM of cheeze.
                            I need to make a lanyard for my pole spear.

I don't want to see $75 miss a fish and go shooting to the bottom when all I have is a mask/fins/snorkel...

Comment

I found an example of cheese whiz under water:

Comment

LMAOL

A real man would have cut down a small tree and carved up his own spear. Just sayin...............
                                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                                X