em pee geez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• em pee geez

Am I the only one annoyed by auto commercials saying MPG instead of miles per gallon? I know it's a small thing and it shouldn't matter at all, but it really "irks" me. Mostly because I wouldn't be surprised if eventually people forget what it even means.
    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Doesn't annoy me. Do you get bothered by people saying "WWW"? At least "mpg" is fewer syllables than "miles per gallon", whereas "www" is actually more syllables than "world wide web".

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
      Doesn't annoy me. Do you get bothered by people saying "WWW"? At least "mpg" is fewer syllables than "miles per gallon", whereas "www" is actually more syllables than "world wide web".
      "www" is just excessive. I can't remember the last time I actually typed it out to go to a website.

Comment

Saying dizzy instead of distributor annoys me as much as NAWS. Even NOS has started saying NAWS in their commercials now.

Comment

MPG is as acceptable as RPM with respect to vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
            MPG is as acceptable as RPM with respect to vehicles.
            That's actually a pretty good point. Still bothers me.

Comment

You're turning into that whiny vagina ozzeran, joshua.
              How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

What really annoys me is that fucking car commercial on the radio that is all in Spanish (not on a Mexican station) and the only thing you can understand them say is 'mpg'!
                Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
                  You're turning into that whiny vagina ozzeran, joshua.
                  I'm becoming cynical and jaded at the age of 26. I'll be yelling at kids to get off my lawn by 30.

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
                    What really annoys me is that fucking car commercial on the radio that is all in Spanish (not on a Mexican station) and the only thing you can understand them say is 'mpg'!
                    I wish I could be around my dad when he hears that. He boycotted the Wendy's in Saginaw because the automated thing at the drive through was in English and Spanish. He'd probably flip the fuck out.

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                      That's actually a pretty good point. Still bothers me.
                      You're probably right about people eventually forgetting what MPG means, because nobody ever refers to rotations per minute instead of RPM either. Now, many people do incorrectly say "RPMs" instead of RPM though, and it will probably go the same with them saying "MPGs" instead of MPG.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                        You're probably right about people eventually forgetting what MPG means, because nobody ever refers to revolutions per minute instead of RPM either. Now, many people do incorrectly say "RPMs" instead of RPM though, and it will probably go the same with them saying "MPGs" instead of MPG.
                        Fixed. Oh the irony.
                        Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                        Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
                          Fixed. Oh the irony.
                          Correct and touche'

Serve up my plate of crow......

Comment

I figure I spent time in a classroom to learn english and spelling, so I might as well use it. I also hate nitrous referred to as Naws. Having been in the auto repair industry for over 14 years, I hate when people refer to their car as she, her, or any other reference to being female. It's an inanimate object, I've yet to find one that's soft, warm, and has boobs. I've seen a few with nice racks though lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                              www is "wide white walls" duh.
                              DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Working...
                              X