Craigslist strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craigslist strategy

I don't get some people. I was looking for a smoker on craigslist and found one for $75. I emailed the guy, and told him I would give him $50(I know, I had to try to lowball). Anyways, the guy says he wouldn't take that and said he had 2 buyers looking to take it at $75. I emailed back and said ok and have a good day.

Fast forward to the next day, the same smoker is back on craigslist for $80.
    WTF? You didn't sell it at $75, so you raise it to $80? I don't understand that logic?

get off my craigslist smokers bitch!

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
      get off my craigslist smokers bitch!
      Sit back and relax, I am giving you free advertising.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
        Sit back and relax, I am giving you free advertising.
        no i've been looking at buying one too

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
          no i've been looking at buying one too
          Oh, good luck. Some people want outrageous money for them.

"I have a rusted out brinkman that is 15 years old, only needs a little paint, a leg, some wheels and a little welding. Only asking $250 because I am moving and needing it gone."

Comment

$38 at wallmart and i love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackout View Post
              $38 at wallmart and i love it.
              $38? What is it?

I have a small verticle Brinkman smoker, but want something bigger.

Comment

He had too much interest at $75, thought he could get another $5 out of someone else. What kills me about craigslist is that I'll have an ad up for a week with no replies and then all of a sudden 8 people respond within 4-5 hours. That and I'll say local only and you must pickup, yet people ask if I'll ship.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                  He had too much interest at $75, thought he could get another $5 out of someone else. What kills me about craigslist is that I'll have an ad up for a week with no replies and then all of a sudden 8 people respond within 4-5 hours. That and I'll say local only and you must pickup, yet people ask if I'll ship.
                  That is probably due to the time of the week. I bet alot of activity picks up on Fridays with people getting paid.

I just thought it was funny that he said he had 2 more guys lined up. It's almost like he raised it $5 because he was pissed off they didn't show up. lol

Comment

I don't get some people. I was looking for a smoker on craigslist and found one for $75. I emailed the guy, and told him I would give him $50(I know, I had to try to lowball). Anyways, the guy says he wouldn't take that and said he had 2 buyers looking to take it at $75. I emailed back and said ok and have a good day.

WTF? You didn't sell it at $75, so you raise it to $80? I don't understand that logic?
                    LOL, you never know till you try. I listed a truck for what I felt was a damn good price on a local car forum. Guy tried to offer me about 10% below my asking price, I told him no because it was a deal already. Turned around added 10% to the price and sold it in 2 days on craigslist.

Comment

Raise the price, then accept when people offer you your original asking price. Not bad.
                      www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

I do that ALL the time with craigslist/ebay. Something doesn't sell for awhile or you get a bunch of lowballers, jack the price up and get rid of them or sell the item for what you originally wanted for it, but they think they got over on you.

Also, if I'm getting a ton of hits on something at a certain price (say 50-75 calls/texts in a few days) I know to raise the price.

More so talking about vehicles than anything else, but same probably applies to cheap shit.
                        US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

I always list my shit a bit higher than what I really want, that way when they low ball I still get what I wanted
                          Big Rooster Racing
                          85' Coupe
                          sigpic

Comment

I am going through a sale right now on CL. I will wait (just in case he posts here) before I post this particular experience... lolz
                            Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                            Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

I like the ones that reply in all Spanish but with poor grammar. Not only do I not understand wtf they are asking but even if I read the language I still wouldn't understand.

Comment

Working...
                              X