Military discount use opinions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military discount use opinions.

My supervisor who is in the reserve military purchases nearly everything for our job with a military discount. Now I completely respect companies giving the discount, but for him to use it for company purchases (the owner is from Spain and barely speaks English) I just think that it is bad ethics, not the reason companies give the discount. Done venting
    2006 Civic SI
    2009 Pilot
    1988 GT
    CRF50

Widebody whore.

I think business man or not...business purchases or personal.... if he's military, the least we could do is give a damn discount for all he does or is WILLING to do for his country.

Just my opinion though
    Originally posted by Vertnut
    I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

I only use it if they ask. Others I know pull it out at every chance, maybe they're cheap or enjoy the attention.
      De Oppresso Liber.

Comment

Since these are vendors willing to give the discount, there is really nothing illegal about it, unless there is a disclosure that it can only be personal purchases (about half of what I've experienced). If it was something that was discounted that someone else foots the difference (like the taxpayers), then there would be a valid fraud/waste/abuse claim.

So, depending on the vendor's purchase stipulations, it may or may not be legal, but there are definately business ethics concerns with it.

Comment

I use it if I know there's a decent discount or if I'm making a large purchase somewhere like Cabella's. I'm too lazy to ask every single place I go if they have military discounts though.

Comment

Originally posted by 95ragtop View Post
            I only use it if they ask. Others I know pull it out at every chance, maybe they're broke like the rest of us or enjoy the savings.
            fixed

Comment

Shit girl, you know nobody on this board is broke.
              De Oppresso Liber.

Comment

Then wtf am I doing here? LOL!!

Comment

<-- has a zero balance

Comment

I know it's not illegal I just don't agree with exploiting the discount for other than personal use.
                    2006 Civic SI
                    2009 Pilot
                    1988 GT
                    CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

I don't see anything wrong with it.
                      "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Why do you really give a damn? It sounds like your bitchin' for the sake of bitchin.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowLX View Post
                          I use it if I know there's a decent discount or if I'm making a large purchase somewhere like Cabella's. I'm too lazy to ask every single place I go if they have military discounts though.
                          Cabela's give Military discount?
                          You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

I do think it's bullshit to do it for a company. I Have no disrespect to vetarans, but he's exploiting it for a companies use, and not doing it to save himself money...

Comment

I wish they gave past military a discount, too.
                              Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                              Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                              Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                              You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Working...
                              X