Splitsville in Arlington Closed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splitsville in Arlington Closed

Just got an email from Groupon that said that the Splitsville Lanes closed and they are refunding me the money from the Groupon purchase.

Just found it odd, never been in there before but someone must have lost A LOT of cash in that business venture.

I did hear their prices were absurd though.

I went once, it was interesting but expensive. The worst part was finding parking!

Comment

donald is crying.

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

That place was packed everytime I was there and it was only a year ago...what happened?!

Comment

They woukdnt let me in because I was wearing a texas rangers ballcap.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
            They woukdnt let me in because I was wearing a texas rangers ballcap.
            Yep, I forgot about that. They turned me away because I was wearing khaki shorts. Luckily I live close by so I drove back and changed. Dress code was the suck.

Comment

Dress code at a bowling alley? I have no idea why they're closed

Comment

I only went there once and they really pissed us off. My friends fiancé who is 5 foot tall and was 7 or 8 months at the time was bowling with us. She really only wanted to play one game for fun and was using a light weight ball. Without saying anything one of the employees came to our lane and took the ball she was using and walked away. When we confronted the manager (Dike looking lady) she said that those balls are for children only, and she has to use an adult weight ball. After a drawn out WTF argument she basically told us to bad. Hell even the people in the lanes around us couldn't believe what they did.

Comment

They got shut down by tarrant county tax for backed taxes. Owner owes $175,000 in back taxes. They inventoried the whole place last week and it's gonna be auctioned next month. It was a cool place but at 50k a month rent, there's no way it would survive.

Comment

Originally posted by jakesford View Post
                    I only went there once and they really pissed us off. My friends fiancé who is 5 foot tall and was 7 or 8 months at the time was bowling with us. She really only wanted to play one game for fun and was using a light weight ball. Without saying anything one of the employees came to our lane and took the ball she was using and walked away. When we confronted the manager (Dike looking lady) she said that those balls are for children only, and she has to use an adult weight ball. After a drawn out WTF argument she basically told us to bad. Hell even the people in the lanes around us couldn't believe what they did.
                    I'd be chunkin bowling balls like ping pong balls at a beer pong tourny.
                    G'Day Mate

Comment

Damn, I always wanted to check it out and never got around to it. A fucking dress code? You fuckers are pulling my chain, right?!

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                        Damn, I always wanted to check it out and never got around to it. A fucking dress code? You fuckers are pulling my chain, right?!
                        Yeah there was a dress code. I didnt mind it, kept all the trash out. It was a cool place, but it was expensive.

Comment

Wait a sec, I think I'm thinking about the wrong place. Was this the alley next to Putt Putt on Pleasant Ridge or the the one in The Highlands? If it was the one in The Highlands I went once and used the outside lane. It was okay. Nothing special.

Comment

Sounds like the name of a stripclub. Bowling? OOOOoooooh

Comment

Im honestly not suprised.
                              Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                              Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
                              Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Working...
                              X