Gilley's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gilley's

is it worth a damn? sounds like we are meeting some of Stacy's friend there tonight
    1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Watch Urban Cowboy lately?
    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

I have only been to the Dance Room/ bar area and it was ok. Seems like a pretty big place.

Comment

It's a giant steel building with a couple of bars, a huge dance floor, about 20 tables and a stage. It's all general admission so if you like live country music and get their early and it's a decent act you'll have a good time. Drinks are expensive though, they usually charge to park and there isn't much else around it. Not like Gilley's in Vegas at all (which might as well be a Hooters but with a bull).

Comment

Its called the Gilleys complex now, gilleys/loft/palladium, I believe.
          Ded

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
            It's a giant steel building with a couple of bars, a huge dance floor, about 20 tables and a stage. It's all general admission so if you like live country music and get their early and it's a decent act you'll have a good time. Drinks are expensive though, they usually charge to park and there isn't much else around it. Not like Gilley's in Vegas at all (which might as well be a Hooters but with a bull).
            I beg to differ sir. It is just a short walk to the Dallas Police station. They may take you on a little tour.

Comment

Ricekiller has their monday night meet there, watch out for big red!
              Ded

Comment

Originally posted by vadertt View Post
                Its called the Gilleys complex now, gilleys/loft/palladium, I believe.
                Yep, depending on whose playing there. I've seen Roger Creager and Motorhead at the same complex. Lemmy was considerably more entertaining!

Comment

I went to the original Gilleys in Houston(Ithink) before it burned down. New one pales in comparison to the old one but it's not bad if you like rednecks.
                  Originally posted by Nash B.
                  Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                    Yep, depending on whose playing there. I've seen Roger Creager and Motorhead at the same complex. Lemmy was considerably more entertaining!
                    Saw Ratatat there and Les Claypool/matis yahoo and dub trio. Ratatat was the shit!!
                    Ded

Comment

It's changed a lot in the last year or so and the old Gilley's Showroom is now the Southside Music Hall and is only open as "Gilley's" when there are country concerts in there. They have the Gilley's Jack Daniels Saloon which is open daily and right next to the Palladium. It has a great country house band and a few different guys that go on and do good acoustic shows. The best is when DJ Matt is up there

Seriously though, it's probably not for everyone but it is a cool place to chill and play free pool. Cuervo Games is going on up there today (technically in their parking lot). Come meet DJ Matt a the after party... yes, I do autographs.

Comment

Originally posted by TorchRedStang View Post
                        It's changed a lot in the last year or so and the old Gilley's Showroom is now the Southside Music Hall and is only open as "Gilley's" when there are country concerts in there. They have the Gilley's Jack Daniels Saloon which is open daily and right next to the Palladium. It has a great country house band and a few different guys that go on and do good acoustic shows. The best is when DJ Matt is up there

Seriously though, it's probably not for everyone but it is a cool place to chill and play free pool. Cuervo Games is going on up there today (technically in their parking lot). Come meet DJ Matt a the after party... yes, I do autographs.
                        Um, he was talking about going last night.
                        Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                        Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                        Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                        You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Originally posted by TorchRedStang View Post

I'm going to watch my brother today, he's supposed to be doing the cuervo games

Comment

Originally posted by Leah View Post
                            Um, he was talking about going last night.
                            I know but I just saw it today... can't I do a late response/shameless plug?

Comment

I have to say. It suckith Friday night. So bad we had one beer and left and went red river We had an ok night out but nothing like the good ole days haha
                              1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Working...
                              X